What's new

Warner, When will you release these? (1 Viewer)

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
I can't understand why noone besides myself is interested in having this film on DVD. Dracula, Frankenstein, and just about every classic monster movie is already on DVD, and the Fredric March Jekyll & Hyde not only compares favorably to those but it won March an Oscar for best actor. It is arguably the finest horror film ever made, boasts set design
and camera work of the highest order, and was astounding in its transformation make-up techniques. What would be a super disc: a double-feature of both the March and Spencer Tracy versions, with a newly produced documentary on the films and their significance to the genre and to the long history of film adaptations of this partticular story. Barring that,
Warners could include every Looney Tune/Merrie Melodie ever to parody or even reference this story. There are six to my knowledge, "Dr. Jerkyl's Hide", "Hyde and Hare", "Hyde and Go Tweet", "The Impatient Patient", "Hare Remover",
"The Case of the Stuttering Pig". That's the advantage to owning the rights to both films plus all the cartoons.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Kevin - it's not that no one else is interested in DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE, it's just that most of us hold out little or no hope that Warner would ever bother with it. I own the MGM laser and that will just have to do for now. The October chat with Warner should be an interesting one. I am dying to find out how the company now plans to defend its moronic policies regarding classic titles, after so very many threads on this and other forums, representing thousands of DVD collectors, have cried out for their release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
IVAN (or whoever): I own an Apex 600A, which allows me to play back DVD's from any region, and which has a button to allow me to switch to PAL mode. But would I also need to have a PAL-compatible television?

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
The Twilight Zone: The Movie
I'd buy a fully-loaded SE DVD of this movie in record time...

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Here's a fraction of my Warner must have list.
KING KONG
HORROR OF DRACULA
CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN
THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD
THEM!
BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS
HAUNTING
CLASH OF THE TITANS
HOUSE OF WAX
ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD
NAKED SPUR
SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON
DIAL M FOR MURDER
POINT BLANK
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA
SUDDEN IMPACT
DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE (1931)
BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK
WHERE EAGLES DARE

Michael*K

Screenwriter
This thread may be about new releases, but I'd like to ask that you please give Unforgiven a proper re-issue befitting a film of its stature. The current release of this film on DVD is a terrible injustice.
------------------

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Glad some people besides myself want the Fredric March
Jekyll & Hyde on DVD. I have the MGM LD myself, and it
still plays fine, but as another MGM LD (Mutiny On
the Bounty) is rotting away and about 1/3rd of my
LDs seem to be doing the same, it's hardly encouraging
having LD as the only medium for this classic horror
film.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Please consider this marvelous gem with my favorite actor, Robert Duvall:
Wrestling Ernest Hemingway
I would pre-order this the moment I learn of its release date on DVD.
This is a gem of a film I could watch 100 times.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks