What's new

Warner - Please release Strange Brew (1 Viewer)

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,
ZOOM OUT.
I want Strange Brew too on DVD!!!! They should bundle it with a six pack, eh?
Glenn

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Add me to the list. I'd love to buy a NICE disc of Strange Brew, too! Anamorphic, natch!
Also...this is the first film for Rick Moranis! It was his first theatrical outing after SCTV, and he co-wrote & co-directed it, too! It's film history, you hosers!
---------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)
[Edited last by David Lambert on August 20, 2001 at 09:08 PM]

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Ya hosers, I just opened a WB DVD and a mouse was in it!! Ya hosers owe me a case of DVDs or I'll report ya to the health department.
wink.gif
Just make sure it's a case of Strange Brew SEs
biggrin.gif

Cheers.
------------------
Dear WB : Release Wonka in Widescreen!
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Man this thread has been around for a while now and nothing from Warner?!? C'Mon guys release this on DVD PLEASE!

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Come on, Warner. This thread has been going for eight months now. Throw us a bone here.
"He once fixed our car battery with bird feces and spit because there's like acid in it."
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
OK all you Hosers. Since we're going to have a live chat with WB, let's make sure they know that we want Strange Brew in an anamorphic widescreen presentation with commentaries by Bob & Doug, Dave & Rick. Anyone else have ideas for what should be on this disc?
D
------------------
~Marriage is great but she keeps leaving the toilet seat down...~

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say add some of the SCTV sketches of the show. I figure they can't be all that expensive to buy up right now. Maybe they could make a fake documentary where they go around and ask people (like Max Von Sydow) how being in Strange Brew changed their life.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
i concur. this movie absolutely rocks and needs a dvd release. most agree that dave thomas (NOT the wendy's guy) and rick moranis should do a commentary. but here's the question: should they do it as themselves, OR as teh mckenzie bros. (like chris, mike and hank did for this is spinal tap)?

that is a tough one

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
but here's the question: should they do it as themselves, OR as teh mckenzie bros. (like chris, mike and hank did for this is spinal tap)?
Oh yeah! :emoji_thumbsup: A commentary as Bob & Doug would be great!
OK WB, lets get this going eh? My Molsons getting warm and my doughnuts are stale. :D
Good Day!

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Found this the other day:
http://sctvguide.ca/
Strange Brew on DVD in 2002 From a chat transcript on The Digital Bits with Warner studio executives (thanks J Robbins):
[DougIrving] Good Evening and thanks for joining us. 3 words: Strange Brew, eh! Are you aware of the demand for this one? This could be a sweet Special Edition with commentary by Rick and Dave as Bob and Doug (a la Spinal Tap). Any chances? I'm off to watch "Smallville."
[Warner] STRANGE BREW. Summer 2002. Be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks