Warner Please release FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD on dvd

Discussion in 'DVD' started by L BENDER, Jan 11, 2008.

1. L BENDER

L BENDER Agent

This 1967 film from director John Schesinger and starring Julie Christe needs to be released on dvd.

2. Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison Supporting Actor

Agreed. I think Warner hinted in their last chat session that it might be coming out this year, although I've heard nothing since then.

3. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Especially with Julie Christie's upcoming Oscar Nomination. USA today put FFTMC on their top list last week to be released on DVD. Come on Warners!!! Please!

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I'm with you. I have the OOP R2 release, which is just plain awful. I think it is a Laserdisc port, and a bad one at that.

5. David_B_K

David_B_K Advanced Member

David
    If only the R2 was as good as a laserdisc port. It was misframed, and cut as well. Unfortunately, there is color fading on the laserdisc. I still watch it once in a while. Beautiful well-acted film.

6. AdrianTurner

AdrianTurner Banned

A gorgeous movie made by an ace team of Schlesinger, Raphael and Roeg. Great music, too. Hardy had a reputation for being dreadfully slow and dull but this movie made Penguin and others publish his novels in paperback and TV adaptations duly followed. The movie is, I feel, very much a product of the 60s - Sergeant Troy=Sergeant Pepper - and La Christie always looks as if she's just left Biba. But these things only add to the film's irresistible allure and I cannot wait for a smashing OAR transfer. It was blown up to 70mm in Britain and looked much better in 35mm in my view. The R2 DVD is appalling, as others have said.

7. PattyFraser

PattyFraser Second Unit

I've been waiting on this DVD for years. It'll be mine if and when it is ever released. Please Warners!