What's new

Warner Home Video Tom & Jerry Replacement Program (UPDATE 1/30/07 POST #134) (1 Viewer)

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
This is like "Who's On First?" with both T & J sets needing to be replaced.

I'm puzzled about T & J Set 2. Are those uncensored replacement discs arriving OK? Or is Warner's fulfillment center sending out bogus discs for Set 2 too?

"Set 1 only needs #1 fixed, but #2 arrives too."

"Set 2 needs #1 and #2 too, so you get #1 and #2 too."

"I don't know!" ... "Third Base!" :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I got the volume 2 discs finally, here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,

Just thought I'd mention it in case other canucks have been waiting on these for ever.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
Russ...

When you get a chance to audition your new Volume 2 discs, let us know if they're indeed the uncensored 'toons. Thanks!

Stay warm. :)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I received my Volume 1 replacement today. The first thing that I noticed that was odd was that they sent me both disc one and disc two even though the only disc with censored cartoons was disc one. The second, more important thing that struck me as odd was that the discs are exactly the same as the ones I already have. No censored scenes have been restored. The file dates on the video files are still from August of 2004. Very frustrating. :frowning:

Regards,

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike

I did, too, before I realized that the new discs were entirely the same as the old discs. I hope that they know this, and will automatically send out the right replacement discs without a phone call from me prompting them to do so. After all, they know that what they did send out was bad, so it would show to reason that they would have to resend to all the same people they sent to initially. Automatically.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
They are still trying to figure out what went wrong on their end, so I would not assume anything. When in doubt, call.

Regards,

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I called them Friday to report the same problem. I figured I would get a "yeah, we're aware of that" response, but the person who answered the phone didn't seem to have come across the issue before. She had to put me on hold, then informed me that her boss would have to speak with HER boss and they would give me a call.

FWIW, it didn't sound like English was the lady's first language. Nor the last time I called, when I asked for the replacement in the first place. There were two misspellings in my name and address on the label.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Hello,...in reguards to Tom and Jerry Vol 1,
Looks like, according to THE DIG. BITS, that we are to give another call if we received the defective replacements, as replacements. i hope i read that right!!
Anyways, i just did so and the lady that answered, seemed to know (to some extent) what has happened, but somewhat confused as well.

i left my name and address (actually...i was in their computer) and was told to return the disc when i received another envelope. i wonder which disc(s) i am to return? ...and what i am to do with the other prepaid envelope. Hope there are clear instructions that in "fine" in the next envelope.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

January 30, 2007 -- Updated Notice regarding Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1, Disc 1 (Version 2)

Previously, Warner Home Video had advised consumers who purchased Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1 DVD that certain episodes on Disc 1 had an alternate picture/audio track. Warner Home Video offered to replace Disc 1 with a disc that had the original picture/audio track, which some consumers requested. Those consumers were inadvertently sent an incorrect replacement disc.

Consumers who recently received the incorrect replacement disc, and any other consumers who still wish to have Disc 1 replaced with the original picture/audio track, should contact Warner Home Video at 1-800-553-6937 so that a self-addressed stamped envelope can be sent to you for return of your current disc. Please note that the replacement disc will be sent to you in approximately 4-6 weeks.

_william_

Grip
I just called 2/1 and was told corrected versions for people who received incorrect versions were shipped 1/31. They did not take my name again, I was in the system, so I'm waiting now to see if corrected discs arrive. Next to no time at all on hold.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
got my 2nd replacement today, too. couldn't review it, as I'm at work and will have to wait until I get home.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I received my new replacement disc today. It does appear to be different to the previous one sent. I checked the video files and the creation date was December 30, 2006. Also they have a new warning about the racial content in the beginning. Haven't had a chance to check the cartoons to verify the original content is restored. At least it looks like Warner got it right this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks