What's new

Warner Home Video Tom & Jerry Replacement Program (UPDATE 1/30/07 POST #134) (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I called to have both discs from set 2 and disc 1 from set 1 exchanged.

I held out on set 3 for quite a while now, but finally gave up. I ordered set 3 and the Chuck Jones set as well.

Looking forward to seeing some more Tom and Jerry very soon!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What's the current process for doing this? Do you still have to send your disc in and just cross your fingers that you'll get the fixed disc someday?

Or is it done on the honor system like Shout Factory did with Dragnet where you don't have to risk the loss of a disc from your set by sending it in? I really don't want to just have to hope the postal service doesn't lose a portion of my sets, hope the studio doesn't screw up and lose my disc, forget to mail it, or send a non fixed disc. And then, have to worry about the postal service getting the correct disc back to my house.

I can just picture getting stuck with a incomplete set and having to rebuy these two releases.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Do you own these and know they are the defective versions?

If you're purchasing new from a main-stream dealer (amazon or store - I got #2 from WM and #1 from amazon within the last year - both are corrected versions) you *should* get copies that already include the corrected disks.

For the Spotlight Collection #2 you can no longer use just the artwork as 100% proof you have a "edited" version as there is now a new release with the "original" artwork (Tom's head toward the top right as Jerry runs away with a wedge of cheese) that *does* have the unedited shorts. The way to determine if you have the corrected version with original artwork is to look for "All-New Introduction by Whoopi Goldberg" as the very first "Special Feature" in the yellow "Special Features" box on the back of the package/box.

I'm not currently sure how to tell a corrected Collection #1 package from the edited version, but if opened, put the DVD in a computer drive and look at the file dates on the video files (in the VIDEO_TS folder). The corrected version files have a date of 12/30/06 while the original has a date of 8/30/04.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I've bought both fairly recently from Wal-Mart.

Thanks, I'll have to do some checking following what you've said, but I probably actually have the fixed versions it sounds like.

Hopefully that's the case and saves me the hassle. :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^I'd say you're OK. I purchased V2 from WM about 6-8 months ago and it is the corrected version (look for the Whoopie disclaimer on the box). I picked up V1 from Amazon 4-5 months ago simply because the price was/is better than WM (I never will understand why they sell V2 for ~$10 but charge ~$13 for V1). It, too, is the corrected version and I'd expect the same with one from WM.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
I used to believe in things like the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy too, until the cynical weariness of adulthood beat that out of me.

Warner sucks at animation even more now that ever, and Tom and Jerry has been one of the most consistently ****ed up franchises on DVD. You're really expecting them to do the cartoons justice?

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
My impression of WB (and of many studios) is that they're just keeping their heads above the water right now. Once money starts flowing and the collector's market picks up again, T&J will be done right. And Popeye will be finished too.

I never thought Sony would do The Three Stooges justice; that series must have had more misguided releases than even T&J before they were done properly.

I'll wait for Easter.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
I think the steps go from Anger - [SIZE= 16px]Denial[/SIZE] - Bargaining - Depression - Acceptance. But you can be at more than one stage; I'm still angry and depressed over having to accept that Warner will never release a decent animation DVD set again.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by Kevin Martinez

I think the steps go from Anger - [SIZE= 16px]Denial[/SIZE] - Bargaining - Depression - Acceptance. But you can be at more than one stage; I'm still angry and depressed over having to accept that Warner will never release a decent animation DVD set again.

Stop being depressed! Comments from Jerry Beck reported somewhere on HTF or tvshowsondvd indicate that there will be more animation sets that sound pretty good. The Foghorn Leghorn set turned out well after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks