What's new

Warner finally announcing some horror for Halloween! (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
So Warner will be re-releasing "Dr. Giggles" on DVD? It makes sense. After all, they've re-released several Largo titles to DVD including "The Super" and "Unlawful Entry" (both originally 20th Century Fox titles). To what limit do the rights for Largo titles go with Warner? Does this mean that Warner may have the
DVD rights to "Timecop", which many people have wanted to see in its' original widescreen format?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Just some thoughts that came to mind.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited about FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE, and I would also pick up EYES OF A STRANGER. But I hope this isn't the whole deal from Warner for this Halloween season... I was hoping for FRANKENSTEIN 1970, BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS, THE WALKING DEAD... another "legends" box...

walter o

Supporting Actor
Wasn't FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE previously released on another label?

Great to see SOMEONE'S WATCHING ME out on DVD, considering this has never been released on VHS here in the States. Noticed dvddrive-in says all titles will be anamorphic widescreen. SOMEONE'S WATCHING ME is a TVM, so it should be fullframe.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
meh, might eb worth it if the sets cheap enough, but nothing really lit a fire on me. "The Hand" is the only one I'm interested in. hopefully Stone does a commentary.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
So that is Oliver Stone's first film The Hand (1981) with Michael Caine? I haven't seen this film in at least twenty years so I would be interested in watching it again to see how (IF) it has held up.

.....I doubt it has but I like bad films as well so...;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe there isn't panic in The Twilight Zone movie thread since that isn't listed.

I probably should be embarassed to say this but I'll get the box set because it'll be cheaper for me in the end. I'm a completeist for Stone, Carpenter and Craven, I remember enjoying Eyes Of A Stranger and Dr. Giggles is just goofy but what the hell. The only title that I haven't seen is From Beyond The Grave.

And Warners damn well better re-release The Oliver Stone Collection to include his greatest cinematic effort. :)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Ah, so it was, and in 1974 no less...The Hand was apparently his second feature film seven years later....(shrugs shoulders) oh well..anyway, this is the film with Michael Caine, correct?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
there also hasn't been an announcement of the Dark Shadows films.

I hope these aren't all we're getting. I'll blind buy From Beyond...as I loved the last Amicus film I saw (Asylum). Probably rent Hand.

Franky '70 and some other 50s/60s B stuff, and the DS films are what I was really looking forward to

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

Universal still has LARGO rights to TIMECOP...and THE GETAWAY remake. Both are scheduled for HD DVD by the end of 2007.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
A nice collection of titles...most of which, I did not expect to see hit the format at all. Since they're going forward with the made-for-tv Someone's Watching Me!, perhaps we'll see another horror telefilm of the era, Dark Night of the Scarecrow sometime soon. Unlike the Carpenter film, the latter did appear on VHS on the old Key label.

walter o

Supporting Actor

As well as DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK and BAD RONALD that Warner also controls. Hey Warner, how about a box set of all the 70's horror films you own?

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

I'm guessing Universal probably owns a larger piece of TIMECOP than some of the other Largo titles -- didn't they turn it into a made-for-video sequel and TV series? Chances are they bought the rights out from Largo for the whole "franchise" as it were.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think so. This is essentially one release (The Twisted Terror Collection) so WB may have more horror titles up their sleeve that won't be under that goofy name. Poltergeist and The Twilight Zone Movie have a name recognition that these titles don't have so they can be released on their own and don't need to have to be tied into a collection.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Just as hardcore CRUSING fans futilely wished to have SCTV's "Crusing Gourmet" sketch included on the DVD, I can't completely enjoy THE HAND without wanting to watch SCTV's "My Bloody Hand" sketch.

Fred Olen Ray's Retromedia label announced a DVD release of FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE, likely under the belief that it was a PD title. A test copy received a bad review at a prominent horror film website, resulting in a brief flame war between Ray and the site. Ultimately, the release was cancelled.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Pretty mediocre list of haloween titles. Hope there's more to come.

I would rather wait on the Dark Shadows movies. Generally the Warner Halloween titles are featureless. Would rather wait and see if we can get something better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks