What's new

Warner DVD Decision 2004 - Voting Results are in! (1 Viewer)

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Though it's been said the contest would only beguin in July, I have already voted for my favorite choices.
And after voting, I read the following message: :"Thank you for voting in DVD Decision 2004."
So I think you might start voting for your pictures.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
King Solomon's Mines would be my first choice. The location Technicolor photography is amazing, and the film itself is only a better ending away from perfection.

Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Actually, the original film adaptation was from 1937 and had Cedric Hardwicke in the Allan Quartermain role. It is quite well regarded in its own right and is currently available on DVD from MGM.

The 1950 version starring Stewart Granger is a very good adventure movie with remarkable Technicolor photography by the legendary Robert Surtees. As I mentioned above, it comes a bit unwound at the end, but is still very much a classic.

The less said about the Richard Chamberlain version from the 80s, the better. :)

Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Actually, the original film adaptation was from 1937 and had Cedric Hardwicke in the Allan Quartermain role. It is quite well regarded in its own right and is currently available on DVD from MGM.

The 1950 version starring Stewart Granger is a very good adventure movie with remarkable Technicolor photography by the legendary Robert Surtees. As I mentioned above, it comes a bit unwound at the end, but is still very much a classic.

The less said about the Richard Chamberlain version from the 80s, the better. :)

Regards,

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I can't beleive that these films are not
being considered for a DVD DECISION RELEASE
"RAINTREE COUNTY"
"A SUMMER PLACE"
"PARRISH"
"ROME ADVENTURE"
"THE STAR"
"FLAMINGO ROAD"
"TORCH SONG"
"MAME"
"THE RITZ"

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I can't beleive that these films are not
being considered for a DVD DECISION RELEASE
"RAINTREE COUNTY"
"A SUMMER PLACE"
"PARRISH"
"ROME ADVENTURE"
"THE STAR"
"FLAMINGO ROAD"
"TORCH SONG"
"MAME"
"THE RITZ"

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
I am delighted to see "Edge of the city" on this list. I've enjoyed this film for many years on tcm reruns and old vhs copies. Would love to see it in pristine quality on dvd:)

I assume that the remaining films that don't get selected as top 5 will be eventually released next year similar to this year's top 5 list.

Michael

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
I am delighted to see "Edge of the city" on this list. I've enjoyed this film for many years on tcm reruns and old vhs copies. Would love to see it in pristine quality on dvd:)

I assume that the remaining films that don't get selected as top 5 will be eventually released next year similar to this year's top 5 list.

Michael

AlexHL

Stunt Coordinator
Well everybody can start submitting those 'Greed' votes now :)

My 5 picks:
Greed
I Am A Fugitive from a Chain Gang
The Letter
Lust for Life
Party Girl

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
My 5:

Greed
I Am A Fugitive from a Chain Gang
Test Pilot
Captains of the Clouds
Lust for Life

TEST PILOT isn't all that great but we need more Tracy on DVD (and BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK from last years list). The same with Cagney and CAPTAINS. I've had 11 friends go and vote for GREED so hopefully that will make the cut.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I voted

Greed
I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
Test Pilot
The Letter
Lust for Life

I hope lots and lots of votes for I am a Fugitive go through! I'd love to have it on dvd soon!

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
For the soundtrack enthusiasts amongst you, CDs of 6 of these titles are available exclusively through www.filmscoremonthly.com. I have a few of them and they are terrific!

Edge of the City
Lust for Life
All Fall Down
Operation Crossbow
The Shoes of the Fisherman
Ice Station Zebra

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
AlanP-
In their last chat here, Warners Bros reps said that Raintree County needed extensive restoration before it would be possible to consider a DVD release.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
These are my 5 picks:

1 Ice Station Zebra
2 Ivanhoe
3 King Solomon's Mines
4 Random Harvest
5 Shoes of the Fisherman

I would have liked to have seen "Madame Curie" in the selections. I did not vote for Bette's "The Letter". I figure this will come with the Davis films when WB FINALLY gets around to Bette.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks