What's new

Warner Brothers 2-disc DVD Survey + complete 3/8/04 Live Chat Transcript (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member

Well 4 votes for a 2 disc special edition of The Powerpuff Girls movie pretty much indicates that it's run it's course. :)

It's funny, but Warner's might take it seriously. Perhaps it's time for an admin to shut this down.

Justin_R

Auditioning
"Well 4 votes for a 2 disc special edition of The Powerpuff Girls movie pretty much indicates that it's run it's course. It's funny, but Warner's might take it seriously. Perhaps it's time for an admin to shut this down."

I'm going to assume that this post is an attack on the PPG Movie, as it pretty much sounds like it. Just because people like a particular movie and post that they wish to see a special edition on DVD, does not mean you must attack the movie, and request that an admin close the topic due to the amount of votes on it. I think you should choose your words more carefully. And quite frankly, we WANT the WB to take it seriously.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
:b Sorry. I thought people were joking. I didn't realize that the sudden surge of votes for Powerpuff Girls was real. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but if this is real, I can only assume that this thread has caught the attention of an outside Powerpuff Girls group. As a matter of fact, I now see that these people joined yesterday.

When people join HTF just to cast a vote for a show, trying to skew the results, then again, I think the thread needs to be closed, if for a different reason.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ha, ha.
No, I think Warner will take it seriously. But of course we're all very aware of the fact that the votes were made by brand new members, who apparently came here for that very reason.

Nothing wrong with that, BTW. :)

Cees

(Ah, George and I posted parallel in time.)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No, I suppose, not much wrong with that; but what is terrifying is that there actually is an 'outside Powerpuff Girls group'. The fiends! ;)

And of course this all breaks this thread's first commandment:

---
So many films, so little time...

Justin_R

Auditioning
The Powerpuff Girls fanbase is quite large, despite what others think. There are several fansites and groups scattered all throughout the 'Net. I can assure you though, these votes for the PPG Movie are not jokes, but posts made by actual fans who wish to see the Movie out once again (Including myself) This is our chance to let WB hear us. :)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Here are my titles I wish to see as 2-Disc Special Editions:

-"URGH! A Music War!"
-"Crossing Delancey"
-"Electric Dreams" (include the 30s MGM musical "Madam Satan" on the second disc alongside the other special features. Clips from this Warner-owned title are featured in "Electric Dreams".)
-"Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation"
-"Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird"
-"Year Of The Dragon"
-"Risky Business"
-"New Jack City"

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Thanks for listening, Warner!:)

Justin_R

Auditioning
"What's with all this Powder Puff crap? Come on, this can't be serious..."

Now THAT is an obvious direct attack on the Movie. Those who posted wanting the Movie as a 2 DVD release ARE serious. Serious fans who wish to see the Movie in a 2 disc release. Do you have some kind of PROBLEM with it? You should just let people like whatever they want to.

Rosscoe M

Grip
Hey, people obviously like whatever they want- you gotta see my point: nothing but lists containing Goodfellas, Wild Bunch, Maltese Falcon, etc. and suddenly Powder Puff Girls? That doesn't seem like it could be some kind of joke to you- not even POSSIBLY?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
OK.
This Powerpuff matter (not "powder", BTW) has been sufficiently explained and solved now.

NO FURTHER SIDE-COMMENTS PLEASE from now on, as Ron asked to begin with, for they will be removed and/or the thread closed.

StevenFC

Second Unit
I'd say most of the ones mentioned are worthy of the two-disc treatment. But surely this one would have to be considered worthy;

Sergeant York

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Little Shop of Horrors(Frank Oz 1986 version)

with Alternate Ending available in color
via seamless branching.

John C. Wilson

Supporting Actor
The Maltese Falcon
Dial M for Murder
Top Hat
The Big Sleep
Cool Hand Luke
2001: A Space Odyssey
Easter Parade
Blade Runner