What's new

Warner Bros Logos / Why are the replaced? (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Curious and I am sure many purists notice the replacement of the classic Warner Bros logos from classic films to the 60's 70's 80's have been replaced over time by the new standard logo of today usually with that music and forgive me it si fine but usually never fits the mood of what you are about to watch. Several films that have the original logos built into them some of these examples may make me seem like I have bad film taste but here goes / Petualia has the original seven arts WB logo , All the President's Men 2 Disc has the original cool logo - Who's That Girl (animated logo) - If it wasn't part of the picture it was replaced such as The Exorcist and I really miss that cool 70's looking WB logo with the circles sorry I don't have an example you know what I am talking about I'm sure. So why are all these classic logos being replaced by Warner Bros.? I think all the original ones should have the original logo if you want the new one on first fine play that one two but please WARNER BROS. please use the original film prints etc and let us see how they were originally shown with the original logos. It just takes away from the time and nostalgia of when these films were originally released. Does anyone else think so?

Beau

Supporting Actor
I totally don't like it either. The only one I've seen with a replaced logo is Christmas Vacation. Totally takes me out of the nostalgia from all the times I've watched the movie.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The original DVD release for Enter the Dragon replaced the old logo, but the SE release restores the original red and black "Warner Communications" logo. BTW, that logo (like many studio logos of the 70s) is butt ugly.

Also, MGM almost never uses the original United Artists logos for their films in their library before 1980.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I don't think the Transamerica "T" or the pre-1967 United Artists Hexagon have been on any video release of UA films which had it originally. Even the old Magnetic Video releases of Fiddler on the Roof and Bananas just had a United Artists text in the logo font. And theatrical prints I saw in the 90s of Some Like it Hot and West Side Story didn't have any logos either. They may have to pay the Transamerica Corporation to use their trademark.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
That is cool to know on the Special Edition of Enter the Dragon I may buy it for that! Yeah I have notcied also the United Artist logo was shanged seems on the Special Edition of Carrie they use the old one that lights up in three sections. but I do miss the old forbodding of the classic one from the late 70's early 80's. / I do love that old red/black WB communications logo it rules.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
They should do what Universal does...show the new one, and then fade out and fade in again with the original logo.

For one of their anniversaries (I think it was the 75th) they did a montage of all their opening logos in chronological order...

I don't suppose anyone can put up some screen grabs of the various Warner Bros. logos...?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
There's a closing logo group on Yahoo! Groups to discuss these things, and they have pictures.

I would suggest writing to the studios and telling them that you want to see the original logos on movies and TV shows from now on.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I also like the old logs. I think of my Warner dvds, only Superman: The Movie and maybe my THX dvd have the old logos.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Paramount should have kept the original logo on Grease. You can see that vintage logo on Saturday Night Fever and Grease 2. The music for the Grease version was composed specifically for that film. But they replaced it with a new fanfare. I've always been a logo enthusiast. The Yahoo group closinglogos is great! I wrote to Paramount when they were putting together The Brady Bunch dvds and requested the original logos...thankfully, they listened (or at least agreed.)

Brenton

Screenwriter
I like that too!

And for all the logos in chronological order, it can be seen on Back to the Future Part III.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks