What's new

Warner Bros. – We Want A Richard Donner Re-Cut of Superman II (2 Viewers)

Steve-T

Grip
The current version leaves me wanting something more, I have trouble watching it due to lack of a good soundtrack. I give Warner permission to charge me double if they put Brando back in. Maybe a Brando fee. This one deserves more attention.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Warner, let Mr. Donner construct the closest possible version to his original vision, and I'd pay $34.95 for the disc, assuming of course that it has some generous extras. use that extra money to pay off Mr. Brando. PLEASE make this happen!!!!!!!
Jeff Kleist

Gilles

Auditioning
Hello there,
I'm a french fan since i saw the Donner's movie. What he has done is a major film. He's vision was magic.
I so want Superman II as Donner intended to do it. It would be the logical, strong sequel the story deserves.
I'd be glad to buy the Donner's cut of SII on DVD, and i'm not the only one here.
So Warner, please do the right thing. Please make it come true.

Morten_Solberg

Auditioning
Thank you very much, WB. I'm glad you understand our interest for this subject! Having Donners scenes on a special edition DVD would be great! I've been a superman fan since the day my brother showed me the Chris Reeve superman movies, and having donners SII scenes on DVD has always been everybodys dream on the Superman Cinema message board: Link Removed

Brad_Dl

Auditioning
I agree with everything said Tom. Warner should persuade and allow Richard Donner to recut Superman II. Not only are there numerous deleted and cut scenes like Brando's parts or the orginal beginning that are detailed at Superman Cinema, but there is no telling what else they might find when they dig into the vaults where this treasured film is resting. Also, to allow John Williams to score the film would be worth the price of admission alone.
Warner there is more than enough support behind a recut and release of Donner's scenes from Superman fans. I hope the fans will finally win out.
Peace
Brad

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
count me in! I'll be happy to buy this even though I recently bought the Superman boxed set. I doubt that many people would mind there being two editions... plus it would be really neat to have BOTH editions available to compare.
Mike Streeter

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I am a huge fan of Donner and would love to see his restoration of S2. I actually met him in person and hes a REALLY NICE guy. He signed my DVD of STM.
biggrin.gif

Count me in.
PS I didnt think he was intersted in doing this. I Hope your source is right. :)

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Warner Bros:
The primary reason I didn't buy your Superman Boxset was the lack of S.E. treatment given to all but Superman I. A Donner recut of Superman II would be muchly appreciated.

Mick Wright

Second Unit
I have no desire to see Lester's cut ever again, but I'd be all over a Donner cut. This would be worthy of a theatrical release.

PatrickO

Auditioning
I would buy a Superman II Special Edition in a heartbeat. I swear, I would see WB in a whole new light if they gave us this gift.
Please Warner Brothers, consider what a treasure Richard Donner's version of Superman II is. It's on the top 10 list of things that keep Superman fans up at night. Superman is an icon, a symbol of hope.
Warners, if you ADVERTISE, 10X as many people will buy the DVD. Smallville was advertised all over the place, and it set multiple records for the WB.
I beg you WB, consider our request.
- Patrick
A.K.A. Superman

Adam_M_

Auditioning
I EXTREMELY want to see Donner's cut of Superman II. Richard Donner made Superman the movie the classic film it is today and the world should see Superman II the way it was meant to be seen. Please do this WB, there IS an audience for this new cut!

Ed_M

Auditioning
I'm all for a Richard Donner cut of "Superman 2". I have the extended version of "Superman 2" and the extra Donner footage made the film a lot better. A Donner re-cut will make the film even greater.
If we get a Donner Superman 2 cut on DVD, I'll buy multiple copies!
[Edited last by Ed_M on October 22, 2001 at 11:39 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks