What's new

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Since they are streaming McClain's Law with James Arness, I am hoping they will release it on DVD.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Some other animated possibilities I'm wondering about?The Harlem Globetrotters cartoon (early seventies)Mr T (season two)Chuck Norris animated season two.There's a presentation by WB Archives at World chacon! and those titles were mentioned? Maybe they're in the running?James

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
There are four panels scheduled at Wonder Con in Anaheim in two weekends.

The release of the Go-bots series is confirmed via the one press release. This panel is also mentioned to have a shout out to Jonny Quest, whether this is the release of the 80s or 90s series two or both is not sure.

Another panel is focusing on celebritoons and comic characters to tv, that one name drops Mr. T, Karate Kommandos and Globetrotters. However there is no Norris season 2 and they do not own the 70s globetrotters show, but they do own the Super Globetrotters.

The third panel is showing off the band based toons of HB, to which there are still several ones left of those

The fourth is on the DC Blurays.

Whether they are announcing anything new at the later three is currently unknown. But the Gobots series is a lock to add along with the Jetsons Season 3. Even though past hints already eliminated both of these, it still leaves us guessing which of Mr T Season 2 and Centurions has a clearance issue. Then of course some of the other hinted at ones could also arrive earlier, we thought Space Stars was going to be the next one for a while, and then the two specials got out before it.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
The page isn't up yet but the banner is, 80s Jonny Quest is released today. So i'm guessing the "shout out" wasn't supposed to be an announcement....unless of course the second run from the 90s is also coming out soon as well?

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to guess that next week's WB release will either be Jetsons season 3 or Real Adventures of Johnny Quest set 3Jthree

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
We're way overdue for a 60's or 70's animated release so that's my guess for their next animated release but since we got one last week I say no animated release this week.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
An underhanded move by the WA releasing the severely edited version (nearly 20 minutes missing) of the 1972 TV movie THE DELPHI BUREAU without any qualifying warning to customers about it. Instead, they promoted and sold it without a word, only admitting it today now that they have been found out and the word is spreading. They say today they will be more proactive in getting information out about it. They can tell that to all the people who already bought it.

Will Green

Grip
Real Name
Will
Professor Echo said:
An underhanded move by the WA releasing the severely edited version (nearly 20 minutes missing) of the 1972 TV movie THE DELPHI BUREAU without any qualifying warning to customers about it. Instead, they promoted and sold it without a word, only admitting it today now that they have been found out and the word is spreading.They say today they will be more proactive in getting information out about it. They can tell that to all the people who already bought it.
Sounds like Shout Factory was in charge of this release. :)

Speaking of questionable business practices on WB's part, has anyone else noticed what they've done RE: their current "Hidden Gems" sales promotion? The 20% discount on the multi-disc tv series seasons (FBI, Medical Center, Harry O, etc.) has been achieved by increasing the MSRP for these sets from $49.95 to $59.95. Some bargain. Is $59.95 the new price point for these releases?

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
They explained that on facebook. That's what the MSRP always were, WBshop was already discounted (hence why all the other sites had them higher than WBshop's price point). They've knocked a few cents off what a lot of them used to be as now nearly everything on the site is technically 20% off. Where say as before you were getting 5 dollars or whatever off the already discounted wbshop price. WBshop's non archive discs usually show the MSRP as well and you'd also notice how no matter when you go shopping there nearly everything has a __% off sticker because of that. But they also do go up and down, so i would hope that will remain true for Archive titles now too. As by saying that i hope future sales will ADD more discounts to what there new current price point is, which seems to be 20% off MSRP.

On this new issue, it seems kind of sucky they couldn't just put a disclaimer in the description? However i suppose them having the run time as clearly listed to what it actually was, that could be considered an indirect way of saying it. But really would it have been that hard to just say something along the lines of "this release is taken from an edited print due to best of materials".....however this also isn't the first time the people writing the descriptions for WB discs screwed something up either.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
Also of note on this:

look at some of the new ones, they are priced to be below the standard MSRP and above the 20% of MSRP as represented by their counterpart releases.

Is this a temporary "new" price that will be turned into the new normal after a period. (If it is then you would be better off waiting for this because 20% off MSRP will be cheaper than the current price)

Or has WA decided to drop their MSRP and this is just the new number that will be given sales off of? And therefore the others will also be off their new current "sale" price.

EDIT: Given that this new price is not on ALL of the new releases, i'm leaning towards it being the first example. After all that would allow them to make slightly more money on the people who rush to order. But also now i'm also a little surprised crunching the numbers, out of realizing if WA was already doing as well as it was at maybe what 18-19% off MSRP as a regular price, this program might be scarily more successful than some of us had really been thinking it was.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Not the best week (so far) for classic tv releases on several fronts. No tv release this week on WB Archives. James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Just pulled out my 16mm film chain copy and it runs 100 minutes. So, what they put out is severely edited. IMDB lists it as 78 minutes for a running time and that is wrong. Stupid of Warner not to have intercut the missing footage in from whatever other source they had. Who wants to buy a movie with 20% of it missing?

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Neil, I have a local channel off air copy of THE DELPHI BUREAU from the 90's and it also runs 100 minutes and doesn't look bad at all. Somehow they either allowed the materials to deteriorate over time or they were just too lazy or cheap or both to invest any amount of effort to find the missing footage in relatively acceptable condition. What bothers me most is the duplicity of not disclosing that this version is severely edited until frustrated consumer reviews on their own web site pointed it out.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Now, unto Young/New Maverick and Bret Maverick. I did think that Due some Comic Con in July, WB Archives might release some some more of Dr. Kildeer, Sugarfoot, FBI, and Medical Center early on.Jthree

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Professor Echo said:
Neil, I have a local channel off air copy of THE DELPHI BUREAU from the 90's and it also runs 100 minutes and doesn't look bad at all. Somehow they either allowed the materials to deteriorate over time or they were just too lazy or cheap or both to invest any amount of effort to find the missing footage in relatively acceptable condition. What bothers me most is the duplicity of not disclosing that this version is severely edited until frustrated consumer reviews on their own web site pointed it out.
I just wonder if this really was a case of being lazy about restoring missing footage, or was it a case of just being clueless (a la Shout) about what the actual running time should have been and not having a "wait a minute" moment when it was being prepped.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
John Karras said:
I just wonder if this really was a case of being lazy about restoring missing footage, or was it a case of just being clueless (a la Shout) about what the actual running time should have been and not having a "wait a minute" moment when it was being prepped.
This is the Internet.Never whisper 'honest mistake' when you can yell 'EVIL AND MALICIOUS INTENT'especially when the facts aren't known to you personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks