What's new

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I think we will see both of these shows this year and as Brad pointed out work on these two shows as well as Laverne and Shirley is what likely what has caused the delay on Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Petticoat and Bevereley Hillbillies. All of which I think will be coming June -December this year.
Frank Soyke said:
They also have listed re-masters on High Chapparal and Our Miss Brooks Season 1. I'm curious whether either of these see the light of day on a DVD release by the end of the year.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Randy Korstick said:
I think we will see both of these shows this year and as Brad pointed out work on these two shows as well as Laverne and Shirley is what likely what has caused the delay on Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Petticoat and Bevereley Hillbillies. All of which I think will be coming June -December this year.
If I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd put my money on Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and Happy Days but not the petticoats or the hillbillies.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
To steer this back to Warner, since this is not the CBS speculation thread, I think "Jericho" looks like a done deal for this year at least given the "due course" reply on FB and also the fact that its streaming already (though I never use that function).

They have said in other FB posts that "Roaring Twenties" has mega-clearance problems so we can forget about that anytime soon and the news remains stagnant on the detective series front.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I checked out Jericho briefly when WB had that trial period of instant archive and it looked in pretty good shape then so that should be an easy release. However, I don't see picking up that one myself.

For me, I would be happy with another Kildare, and Sugarfoot by years end, and possibly the start of Bronco and A Man Called Shenandoah since it is similar to Jericho in that it shouldn't take much effort to release.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Honestly since they are giving no indication that Hawaiian Eye is even a glimmer, I'd settle for a couple more seasons of Alice and the final two of Daktari. I'm not familiar with which one seasons shows they own left unreleased and I'm not big on Westerns so since I have a complete Hawaiian Eye set already (albeit questionable quality), I'd take the above and be OK with it

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
They have not mentioned S5 of Eight is Enough nor S4 of Growing Pains, either. I am hoping for both as well as Alice, Falcon Crest and at least the ABC years of It's a Living (there were fewer music issues than the syndicated eps from the Crystal Bernard era).

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
ATTENTION WARNER BROTHERS ARCHIVE: Can we please see "KNOTS LANDING" (Seasons 3-14) and "THE DREW CAREY SHOW" (Seasons 2-9) appear on your 2014 DVD release schedule!!!! PLEASE!!!! And yes, I am begging!!!! Thank you!!!!

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Frank Soyke said:
I'm not familiar with which one seasons shows they own left unreleased
Bourbon Street Beat lasted only one season (1959-60) with 39 episodes. I don't know if it will ever be released. It was the least successful of the WB detective shows and may have music clearance issues.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
The guessing is over for at least one Warner Archive show. The FBI season 7 is now available to order. Hopefully this could mean the last two seasons will also be released in 2014.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Even though I'm currently only on Season 4 of The F.B.I. I'm glad to see another season of this terrific show. Every season has been great so far. Season one takes a little while to get going and find its groove but the show never stops after that. One great episode after another.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
For what the thought is worth, with WAC's 5 year anniversary next month, anybody besides me think they might have one or more big releases currently being planned for March?

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
With FBI Season 7 released now, based upon what they have been saying on facebook lately, it would seem like the Daktari (3) and Sugarfoot (3) should be the next ones up.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"Jericho" was one season and as mentioned before, should be a likely candidate for release this year.

The final season of "Maverick" which is only about 12 new episodes I think, should also be out in the first part of the year.

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
This is a question on CBS which is slightly off topic, but has anyone ever gotten an answer on if CBS will restore the 2nd season Hawaii Five-O episode "Bored, She Hung Herself" to a future release? The episode was pulled after it's initial broadcast, and was never sold into syndication. Most likely, something they just overlooked when the series was packaged.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
ljgranberry said:
This is a question on CBS which is slightly off topic, but has anyone ever gotten an answer on if CBS will restore the 2nd season Hawaii Five-O episode "Bored, She Hung Herself" to a future release? The episode was pulled after it's initial broadcast, and was never sold into syndication. Most likely, something they just overlooked when the series was packaged.
I believe it was pulled on purpose and you won't be seeing it. Best to look it up in a Hawaii Five-O thread since I believe it has been discussed in great detail there.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
No one knows what they will release next but I would bet on a new series next before another continuation since they have already done several continuation releases this year. We are due for a new one.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I don't understand what is holding up season sets of Chico and the Man.They
could also continue Welcome Back Kotter.Also,since they are now streaming
Bronk,a dvd release of the show would be welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks