Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Frank Soyke, Dec 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

Would be happy to see most of those, although I can live with the Mayas I got from TNT. They haven't really seemed to be doing much in the way of sitcoms but hopefully that will change. Wendy and Me was syndicated by Worldvision but Warner likely holds home video rights.

2. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I could have a couple wish and they are the following:

1. Warner Brothers archive releases can be access by Canada. Currently, there are only a few releases available via amazon.ca

2. More HB Cartoons

3. Complete some more the series, especially the cartoons!

3. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    I kinda wound up hooked on Mr. Magoo. I don't remember ever seeing it as a kid and it was on at the time of morning the kids were getting up to catch the bus. At one point I believe I could've lived on watching nothing but Boomerang!

4. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    Anyone know if they're preparing season 3 of Daktari for release this year?

Or still too soon, perhaps? Looks like it was about 18 months between the first two seasons and season 2 popped up just last March.

I'd love to see this one finished.

5. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    I asked them about it on their facebook page and they said that it would definitely be coming out but they "hope" they will have it ready by the end of this year.

6. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    With Kildare season 2 coming out, it's a good time to re-examine this question as to what's next. Here's what we know so far:

1) Kildare 3 will be awhile since season 2 is just coming out, same with season Maverick 5.

2) According to WA, Alice and Daktari will be awhile but probable. No movement on Hawaiian Eye.

So then the question becomes, what's next? Here's some possibilities:

1) Medical Center Season 4 - They are due on this one

2) FBI Season 7 - Ditto Above

3) Sugarfoot/ Bronco - Final Season(s)

4) Falcon Crest Season 4 - Again quite a while since release of season 3.

Or some new ones maybe.

7. Jack P

Jack P Producer

The release time between S3 and S4 of Maverick was fairly rapid so I would expect it to be finished perhaps no later than April or May.

I think The FBI, if it holds to the release patterns of the past year will have its final three seasons done in February, June and October to finish things out.

8. Dave Lawrence

Dave Lawrence Second Unit

Dave
    I'd be surprised if they didn't finish up Eight Is Enough in the 1st half of this year with the release of Season 5.

9. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Sugarfoot has 2 seasons to go. Bronco hasn't been started yet but strong indications that it will be this year and hopefully the 77 Sunset Strip hints/rumours from late last year pan out this year.

10. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

Still waiting for the classic WB detective shows: 77 Sunset Strip and the rest!

ahollis likes this.
  11. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    An off the wall idea, but how about The Chicago Teddy Bears? It was only a season-show so it would be one and done. It starred Dean Jones, John Banner (Hogan's Heroes) and Jamie Farr .

12. oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff Second Unit

James Beer
    I'll take a shot and go for it, COLT 45, starring Wayde Preston and for a part of S3, Donald May, while Preston was on suspension for walking out on WB!

Randy Korstick likes this.
  13. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Screenwriter

I want the Chicago teddy bears as well. james

Ron1973 likes this.
  14. davidHartzog

davidHartzog Cinematographer
    Supporter

John smith
    All the p.i. shows from the early sixties, such as 77 Sunet Strip.

15. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Not a prediction, sadly, but I wish Warner Archive would pick up with Season 2 of Whose Line is it Anyway?, since it's apparent that this show must have been seen as a failure (or at least, not profitable enough) as a general release. You would think this would be a cheap show, but even though the improvised music isn't "published", perhaps they have to pay/clear all the improvised songs with the improvisers and the musicians. Might explain why the 22-episode first season was split into two releases and why we never got past that season (apart from a lone "best of" release).

With Shazam! and Logan's Run out, most of the WB shows I wanted are out, unless I'm just forgetting something. Too bad that Universal doesn't have a similar system in place (or isn't licencing to WB).

Ron1973 likes this.
  16. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Posted a Facebook question on whether FBI S7 is close now and got a yes on that. Also asked about the three titles that have had their music released by Film Score Monthly in the past, "Cain's Hundred", "Jericho" and "The Eleventh Hour". Here's the answer.

"CAIN has clearance issues, and needs to be remastered, so the prospects are iffy, JERICHO should appear in due course, ELEVENTH HOUR is cleared, but must be remastered in order to be released on DVD (or streaming)."

So that means a good chance for "Jericho" this year I think. "Eleventh Hour" maybe if remastering begins soon but if it doesn't then it could be longer. Hadn't heard before about clearance issues on "Cain's Hundred".

17. Gary16

Gary16 Supporting Actor

Gary
    Jericho was just added to Warner Instant Archive along with The Rounders and A Man Called Shenandoah.

18. MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime Second Unit

Matthew Price
    Twitter also got a soon response for the next FBI season like early last week (or circa then). I'd say it's looking likely before the end of the first part of this year.

19. Jack P

Jack P Producer

The bigger question with "The FBI" is if we'll see it completely finished by year's end. With three seasons released last year, I felt the chances to get the last three in this year were good, but if we don't see S7 until say, late March or early April, that might make it a little more iffy.

20. DisneySwan1990

DisneySwan1990 Stunt Coordinator

Sagalina Hazzan
    When the hell will we ever see a DVD release for Two Of A Kind, Suddenly Susan, The Single Guy, Step By Step, Savannah, The Parent'Hood, Unhappily Ever After, or Veronica's Closet?ANYBODY TELL ME!!!