What's new

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
My guesses for wb Archives 2015 San Diego Week releases will be Invasion America and Time ExpressJamesThat's next year

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
any guesses for what will come out after Maya?Alice season 5, Falcon Crest 4, Spencer For Hire, Enos? Young Maverick?WB Archives has kept news on their more immediate releases close to their vests these days. With the exception of Maya. Anyway . . .Guesses are welcome?James

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Since it's been available on their streaming service for awhile, I hope we'll see a release of McClain's Law (starring James Arness) at some point in the near future.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Well, it looks like they have announced the first season of Spenser: For Hire. I assume it will be out either next week or the week after.https://www.youtube.com/user/warnerarchive/videos
This is great news, as Spenser is a series I've been hoping for for quite a while. Warner seems to be relentless in trying to find ways to release most of the tv series they own. I could only wish CBS tried half as hard as Warner.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
On the westerns front, 'Lawman" has been long overdue, perhaps we'll see the release of season 0ne in 2015, providing they resolve any clearance issues.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Astairefan said:
Well, it looks like they have announced the first season of Spenser: For Hire. I assume it will be out either next week or the week after.https://www.youtube.com/user/warnerarchive/videos
Really excited for this release! I have a friend and she has been begging forth is show on DVD for so long. I have to surprise her with a copy and I need a copy for myself. Do we think it will be up for order in the next couple of weeks from WAC? Id guess the price would be approx 59.99 for the season?

galipolis

Grip
Real Name
Klaus Dietrichs
My "Dream come true" release by Warner Archive definitely is THEN CAME BRONSON starring Michael Parks.
Great Series with fine outdoor camera work and great music by George Duning and others.

But at the moment clearance of music rights puts it on hold getting released by Warner Archive.
But I hope that this TV Show is still on Warner Archive's radar and
that the music rights issue will be cleared soon ...

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Spenser: For Hire Season 1 is coming on August 26.
ac.jpg

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well . . . What do you think will come out next week?..Alice 5? Enos? falcon Crest? All guesses valid., especially because we've had no hints.James

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
YOUNG MAVERICK - just because I feel obligated to post it often on here.

More than SPENCER though, I am hoping to eventually get the spin off series A MAN CALLED HAWK or some such title. I actually enjoyed it more than I did SFH.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Enos is a title I see brought up from time to time as a title they are releasing but when asked about it on FB they said they were considering it but have not started looking at it or working on re-mastering it so I'm not sure were the rumours on that one started but it won't be out this year maybe next year. There are always surprises from them out of nowhere but they would have given a better hint then that if it was coming anytime soon.

That said I have no real guesses on whats coming next. I expect the final season of FBI in October and the final season of Sugarfoot in either October or November and possibly another season of Bronco in November but no ideas for September. I would expect to see one or two new series before the end of the year and we know their year ends at Thanksgiving as they don't do new releases in December.

Falcon Crest they have mentioned many times as having some issues and they haven't said anything different recently.

Alice is probably a safe bet for September.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Randy Korstick said:
Enos is a title I see brought up from time to time as a title they are releasing but when asked about it on FB they said they were considering it but have not started looking at it or working on re-mastering it so I'm not sure were the rumours on that one started but it won't be out this year maybe next year. There are always surprises from them out of nowhere but they would have given a better hint then that if it was coming anytime soon.
It's still beyond me why they didn't simply release it as bonus content with The Dukes of Hazzard sets. I believe it was only 13 episodes to begin with meaning it would've fit comfortably on 3 DVD's.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Guesses for Sep 2? Since it's the Labor Day Holiday maybe they won't have a release for tomorrow?Banana Splits? New Adventures of Gilligan? Where's Huddles?Jthree

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Am I insane to hold out for an Alice complete series boxed set? Do you think WA will ever even do boxed sets? It would be nice--especially if they can offer pressed discs.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
So far no complete box sets from WA. I recently asked them about it and they said they currently had no plans for any box sets. So it could happen next year or after but it really doesn't fit the Manufactured on Demand model. So no guarantee they will ever release one. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks