What's new

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Bronco is still supposed to be an Exclusive to ImportCDS/DVDplanet for 2-3 months just like season 1 of Sugarfoot. It was supposed to be available there at the end of this month but currently has no date, It should show up on the Archive in 2-3 months after released there.
We still have the 4 big Warner Detective shows once the rights are cleared and quite a few 70's and 80's shows that could show up there yet. Chico and The Man could show up there. I have a strong feeling that Mayberry R.F.D. will be completed there.
bretmaverick2 said:
I could see BRONCO as a possible. Saw a post via Maverick on Facebook that was a direct BRONCO reference.

Honestly, beyond the WB westerns, are there seasons of TARZAN left?

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Just FYI, during the past month or so, WA stated on their page that Falcon Crest Season 4 will be available but no has no ETA and the same with the next season of Alice. Given this, their comments on the detective shows, and the recent releases, I don't have a really good idea of what to expect the next couple months other than maybe the next season of Medical Center. I'm hoping for something new in their rotation other than the aforementioned Bronco as I'm not a big western fan.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Frank Soyke said:
Just FYI, during the past month or so, WA stated on their page that Falcon Crest Season 4 will be available but no has no ETA and the same with the next season of Alice. Given this, their comments on the detective shows, and the recent releases, I don't have a really good idea of what to expect the next couple months other than maybe the next season of Medical Center. I'm hoping for something new in their rotation other than the aforementioned Bronco as I'm not a big western fan.
Same with THE SUPER GLOBETROTTERS... they plan to release it but no date confirmed yet.

For those of you who aren't convinced, I actually asked them about it twice recently, and they tell me they're still finishing it up... please don't despair. They, like us, want it to be the best in quality.

~Ben

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Medical Center 5 tomorrow...

ah.jpg

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
The "Yes it's coming" response but no time date given is the same response I received for YOUNG MAVERICK. Seems to be sort of a standard answer until the release date gets close.

Wezzo

Second Unit
I do wonder whether some other current Warner shows will be making the jump to Archive DVD-R. I don't know if I'd say it feels likely, but it wouldn't surprise me if the likes of The Middle and Hart of Dixie shift over there, especially given The Middle's massive delay for S3 (due to poor sales, I understand) and the lack of announcement for the fall so far. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
For just about all their TV shows they use pressed discs for the initial run and not DVD-R. So far after 2+ years there are no shows that have been reported as running out of pressed so the 'initial" run is quite large.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I ordered Medical Center season 5, but it didn't say if it was to be on pressed discs like the previous seasons are stated. It could be that since it was just released today, they didn't put that bit of info on the page. I'm going to assume that the set will be on pressed discs.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Frank Soyke said:
Since I did one on CBS, I thought I would follow up with one on Warner's as well. If we update for the Maverick 4 and Courtship 3, here is what is left in their current rotation:

FBI - 3 seasons unreleased

Daktari - 2 Seasons unreleased

Medical Center - 4 Seasons unreleased

Kildare - 3 Seasons unreleased

Alice - 5 Seasons unreleased

Falcon Crest - 6? Seasons unreleased

Maverick - 1 Season unreleased

So, what should we expect? Do they just hold steady rotating these and maybe throw in a surprise one and done show? Do they finally start bringing out some of the big 4 early 60's detective shows as has been rumoured? What about some wildcards? What are some possibilities?
Updated for Today's Medical Center Season 5 announcement: As of Mid July
The FBI - 1 season unreleased
Daktari - 1 season unreleased
Medical Center - 2 seasons unreleased
Kildare - 2 seasons unreleased
Alice - 5 seasons unreleased
Falcon Crest - 6 seasons unreleased
Sugarfoot - 1/2 season unreleased.
Maverick - Complete
Not too bad for 1/2 year huh? My guess is by the end of the year we will see FBI and Sugarfoot complete, one more season of Kildare, and possibly one more Medical Center late in the fall. Hopefully some movement on Alice and Falcon will happen too. Cheers, WA

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Warner keeps chugging along. They don't release things as fast as we would like, but every classic tv release is a reminder of their commitment to eventually sell us everything they can. Even though I'm not a fan of Medical Center I'm very glad for those who are, and glad that Warner is seeing another series to completion. If only CBS could get the hint that there is a profit to be had in a similar program. I'd be just as willing to give them some of my money as I have been willing to give it to Warner.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
GMBurns said:
Warner keeps chugging along. They don't release things as fast as we would like, but every classic tv release is a reminder of their commitment to eventually sell us everything they can. Even though I'm not a fan of Medical Center I'm very glad for those who are, and glad that Warner is seeing another series to completion. If only CBS could get the hint that there is a profit to be had in a similar program. I'd be just as willing to give them some of my money as I have been willing to give it to Warner.
Seconded!

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
ClassicTVMan1981X said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8OamJ-ncIA&feature=em-uploademail

It looks like GILLIGAN'S PLANET (1982) is ready for release!

~Ben
Great news yet odd that this is being released before The New Adventures of Gilligan.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's a surprise. I thought for sure that the next big new release would be either Bronco or Spencer for HireI guess we were due for a HB or Filmation release after all this time.James

mark brown

Supporting Actor
Who owns the rights to Reeves' Thief of Bagdad and Taylor's Darker than Amber. Are either of these titles available?

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
ALways enjoy some GILLIGAN material. I really wish, despite the quality, that we could get a release of all the follow up GILLIGAN movies!!!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'm very curious what is going to happen with WA over the next 3 months or so. In the past two months, they have put out volumes of Kildare, Sugarfoot, Daktari, Medical Center, and FBI so I would guess it will probably toward late fall till we see the next volume of those. That coupled with the fact that they keep saying on their site that Alice and Falcon have no ETA on their next releases tell me that if we are to see some new series started, the next few months would be an optimum time.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
JamesSmith said:
Well, that's a surprise. I thought for sure that the next big new release would be either Bronco or Spencer for HireI guess we were due for a HB or Filmation release after all this time.James
James,

On the H-B front, they are planning to release THE SUPER GLOBETROTTERS (1979) later on. It's the one where two of the then-current 'Trotters borrow from THE IMPOSSIBLES ("Geese" Ausbie becomes "Multi Man" while Nate Branch gets to be "Fluid Man").

~Ben

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Next likely release:

51a%2B82OIPLL._.jpg

Ex-Confederate Officer Bronco Layne (Ty Hardin) rode back to the Texas Panhandle only to discover his home – and his honor – now lost to him. And so Bronco wanders the West, armed with a lightning draw and thunder in his fists, fighting for the justice he was denied. Initially filling in for Clint Walker on Cheyenne, the "Texas twister" proved a quick hit with viewers, alternating adventures with Will Hutchins' Sugarfoot. "Cheyenne starring Ty Hardin as Bronco Layne" might have been a mouthful but, thankfully, Bronco came complete with his own catchy theme song. This 5-Disc, 20-Episode collection sees Bronco defend besieged settlers, uncover fatal locomotive sabotage, tackle the mystery of a man frozen inside a glacier, and sail the prairie with a landlocked Navy officer (Lorne Greene). Sharing the sagebrush with Bronco are notable guests the likes of Wayne Morris, Jack Elam, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn and Troy Donahue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks