What's new

Warner Archive - Pressed DVD TV Releases (1 Viewer)

topanga

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felicia
Does anyone know if you could still get Shazam directly from Warner Archives as pressed dvd's? I also noticed that Warner Archives lists both a set with exclusive animated cover art and live actors on front. Would you get pressed dvd's on either one?

Also has Alice Season 3 been offered as pressed dvd's from Warner Archive?

Does anyone know what other TV series were offered as pressed? I was also interested in getting Eight Is Enough Season 2.

If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
topanga said:
Does anyone know if you could still get Shazam directly from Warner Archives as pressed dvd's? I also noticed that Warner Archives lists both a set with exclusive animated cover art and live actors on front. Would you get pressed dvd's on either one?

Does anyone know what other TV series were offered as pressed? I was also interested in getting Eight Is Enough Season 2.

Thanks
I ordered Shazam with the Jerry Ordway drawn cover a couple months back, and the DVDs were pressed.

Superboy V2 and Night Court volumes 6 and up are a other pressed titles.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
topanga said:

Thanks

According to someone I corresponded with at the Archive who actually worked on this release, the Ordway/artwork cover (which is the "limited edition" release) is ALL pressed discs, and the one with the cast photo (the "unlimited" edition) is the one that is "burnt" (or if there were pressed quantities, is the one that will become "burnt" when those run out).

If you want to play it safe, order the Ordway version and you'll be safe.

From personal experience, I know that both volumes of The Lieutenant are/were initially offered on pressed discs. On the other hand, I also know first-hand that Man From Atlantis was not offered on pressed discs. I think the shift in policy for high-demand titles being given a "pressed" run was enacted not too long after Man From Atlantis came out.

I'm surprised not to see Tarzan on that list of "replicated" titles. Maybe the pressed quantities of that one ran out?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Tarzan was released right before they started this policy as well. I would definately expect to see Season 2 Pressed though.
AndyMcKinney said:
According to someone I corresponded with at the Archive who actually worked on this release, the Ordway/artwork cover (which is the "limited edition" release) is ALL pressed discs, and the one with the cast photo (the "unlimited" edition) is the one that is "burnt" (or if there were pressed quantities, is the one that will become "burnt" when those run out).

If you want to play it safe, order the Ordway version and you'll be safe.

From personal experience, I know that both volumes of The Lieutenant are/were initially offered on pressed discs. On the other hand, I also know first-hand that Man From Atlantis was not offered on pressed discs. I think the shift in policy for high-demand titles being given a "pressed" run was enacted not too long after Man From Atlantis came out.

I'm surprised not to see Tarzan on that list of "replicated" titles. Maybe the pressed quantities of that one ran out?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
topanga said:

Thanks
I can confirm that Alice season 3 is pressed dvd. It looks great too.

307.JPG

topanga

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felicia
Thanks everyone for the info on the pressed discs. I ordered Shazam, Alice and Eight is Enough and got all pressed discs.

Now I have another question any chance of the Sony Pictures tv series sold on Warner Archive pressed dvd's or is it only limited to actual Warner releases? I am particularly looking to buy Born Free and was wondering if anyone has purchased that title directly from the Archive.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Just thought that I would add that I received FBI seasons 3 and 4 on pressed disks. I ordered directly from Warner's.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Professor Echo said:
A friendly reminder: If you buy any of these from Amazon, you will NOT get pressed versions, only DVD-Rs. :)
I've purchase my WA's from warner directly just to try and improve my chances of getting pressed disks. Amazon prices aren't much better, if at all. So waiting for WA sales and free shipping typically works.

The only title I purchases some where else (importcds) was Sugarfoot because the price was so much better and it was available before anywhere else, even Warner. Luckily it came as pressed as well.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I managed to get the complete FBI season 5 from BestBuy for $20 (actually $15 once I used a $5 RZ I had no other use for). And to top it off the disks are pressed and not DVD-R's. So BestBuy at least at times carries pressed disks, I can't say if this is always the case but it worked out this time.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Here is a list of the sets that I have bought from Warner Archive that are pressed discs:Harry O seasons 1 & 2Eight Is Enough seasons 2, 3 and 4Alice seasons 1, 2 and 3Medical Center seasons 2 and 3The Courtship of Eddie's Father season 2Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels The Complete SeriesShazam The Complete SeriesHelp! It's The Hair Bear Bunch The Complete SeriesYogi's Gang The Complete SeriesThe Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan The Complete Series

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Wow I can't find any older tv shows onDVD at the Best Buys in my area. Nothing that's not recent. Target has a few. Amazon is my only outlet unfortunately.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Wvtvguy said:
Wow I can't find any older tv shows onDVD at the Best Buys in my area. Nothing that's not recent. Target has a few. Amazon is my only outlet unfortunately.
Sorry, I meant BestBuy.com

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Sorry to revive this old thread, but does anyone know if the WA set of THE GIRL FROM U. N. C. L. E. ever came out pressed? If so, would it still be available as such and where would I find it?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Glen, THE GIRL FROM U.N.C.L.E. was never offered on pressed DVDs. It was a 2011 release and the archive began pressing some TV releases in mid-2012. Some 2012 releases, like THE GALLANT MEN were already prepared and released as DVD-Rs, even though other titles released around the same time were DVDs, like THE LIEUTENANT and HARRY O S-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks