What's new

Warner Archive Instant drying up? (1 Viewer)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Selection has shrunk dramatically and new additions have slowed to a trickle. What's going on with Warner Archive Instant?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I just canceled a few weeks ago after really loving the service for a couple of years. The posting of new titles had slowed to a trickle and even then a lot of them were mostly forgotten 1970s TV movies. I'll keep my eyes on their updates and re-subscribe if it looks like it's getting better.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just canceled a few weeks ago after really loving the service for a couple of years. The posting of new titles had slowed to a trickle and even then a lot of them were mostly forgotten 1970s TV movies. I'll keep my eyes on their updates and re-subscribe if it looks like it's getting better.
Yeah, I just cancelled mine too.

Panavision70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick Notch
I canceled two years ago for the above stated reasons. I wish Turner Classic Movies would offer a $10 to $15 streaming option like HBO and Showtime offer for Apple TV, Roku and other streaming boxes.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Maybe Warner Archives will begin to take blu-ray seriously now or, at least, loan out titles to the likes of Kino, Twilight TIme and Olive. I never considered signing up for Instant, not at all my thing. Maybe classic film lovers are more traditional than the powers-that-be imagined them to be.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Ditto here. I cancelled probably about a year ago. From time to time, I will check the site - seems the same, nothing much new, just recycling previous stuff. :-(

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
I haven't subscribed in awhile. Part of it was that it would constantly stop playing would "buffer" in the middle of a movie. Very annoying. Also, the video quality wasn't up to par with Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks