What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
It seems there's just been more release date leaks lately. Last week's also got an early leak. I doubt any of those are exclusives, though there's a slim possibility. Still great to see what the WAC has in store for the future, most looking forward to the Arsene Lupin double feature.

Don't be surprised if some of these release dates end up getting shuffled around in the coming months. They'll only be confirmed once the release date comes or they appear for preorder on either of the WAC websites.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JoHud said:
It seems there's just been more release date leaks lately. Last week's also got an early leak. I doubt any of those are exclusives, though there's a slim possibility. Still great to see what the WAC has in store for the future, most looking forward to the Arsene Lupin double feature.

Don't be surprised if some of these release dates end up getting shuffled around in the coming months. They'll only be confirmed once the release date comes or they appear for preorder on either of the WAC websites.
I'm looking forward to the Arsene Lupin double features too.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'm also onboard for the Lupin df . But also will be in for Crooked Road with Robert Ryan and Guns of Darkness with David Niven . I've never seen Guns of Darkness so I'm very interested in that .

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Bob Gu said:
ARSENE LUPIN Double Feature: ARSENE LUPIN-1932 John and Lionel Barrymore and ARSENE LUPIN RETURNS-1938 Melvyn Douglas, Virginia Bruce, and Warren William
I've seen many of the Japanese animated Lupin the 3rd movies and many of the TV episodes, but none of the actual Arsene Lupin movies that inspired the anime. (Lupin III, as conceived by manga creator Monkey Punch, is supposed to be the half-Japanese grandson of Arsene Lupin.)

tumblr_lm4xicWTcW1qkl5ujo1_500.png

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Robin9 said:
I've been waiting for A Fever In The Blood for a very long time. Why? Early Angie Dickinson! And where oh where is The Bramble Bush? Long overdue.
I remember the representative on WB Archive Facebook saying there are "issues' with The Bramble Bush. They pulled Ice Palace, the other Richard Burton WB movie from that period, off the market, too, after its release.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
classicmovieguy said:
"Guns of Darkness" and "Chase a Crooked Shadow" are both out as pressed discs in the UK.
Good to know, however the Chase a Crooked Shadow DVD is in the wrong open-matte aspect ratio. The WAC will likely present the film in its proper widescreen ratio.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
It seems Warners has abandoned or at least reducing their big sales which use to appear on a regular basis. Is this the first year they haven't had a Memorial Day sale?

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Hey, Thomas ... I was also hoping for a Memorial Day Sale, but I had a sneaking suspicion that their extended Five Year Sale might mean no more for a while. Ah, well ... I'll just keep adding titles to my Buy When The Price Goes Down list.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see that Men of the Fighting Lady has been announced and in its OAR. Has this film ever been shown on TCM in widescreen?

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Robert Crawford said:
I see that Men of the Fighting Lady has been announced and in its OAR. Has this film ever been shown on TCM in widescreen?
where did you see the announcement? please provide a link.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
kudos for the information. i have a question regarding Paramount's release of the bridges at toko ri. was this movie ever in widescreen format because it was released in full frame.

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
Robert Crawford said:
The new Warner Archiveds DVD will be 1.75....On TV, this has always been shown this in the improper aspect ratio (1.33).

Here's a link to the title
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/code/1000505772.do?promo=sliderMENFIGHTINGLADYhome

Also the promo clip on their site shows this to be the proper aspect ratio and looking far better than what we've seen on TV.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
kingfish said:
kudos for the information. i have a question regarding Paramount's release of the bridges at toko ri. was this movie ever in widescreen format because it was released in full frame.
When and where is this movie to be released?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I just noticed a few GREER GARSON titles listed as Pre-Orders.

"Desire Me" and "The Law and the Lady" are two, but the one I really want is "STRANGE LADY IN TOWN"
An early Cinemascope Western with Frankie Laine singing that great Dimitri Tiomkin title song.

garson2.jpg

Her hair is red as the settin' sun
Her lips are ripe as the corn
the lights that shine in her sea-green eyes
Make a man kinda glad he was born....

It's a must have for me.

garson1.jpg

Doug.

wesaussie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Anderson
Doug,Did you notice however this title is not anamorphic but letterboxed. I have been waiting for this title for some time too but very disappointed it won't be in proper widescreen. I'm not quite sure why it's letterboxed maybe that is the only available way the elements would allow but from Warners who have given us remasters in the proper aspect ratio aletterboxed version is some what of a disappointment.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
wesaussie said:
Doug,Did you notice however this title is not anamorphic but letterboxed. I have been waiting for this title for some time too but very disappointed it won't be in proper widescreen. I'm not quite sure why it's letterboxed maybe that is the only available way the elements would allow but from Warners who have given us remasters in the proper aspect ratio aletterboxed version is some what of a disappointment.
If you're refering to STRANGE LADY IN TOWN, Warner Archive's website lists it as "16x9 letterbox" and 2:55:1, which would be correct for this title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks