What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (FEEDBACK) (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've received my first faulty WA disc: Nocturne. I began with my trusty Oppo HD 981 DVD player, and the disc froze during the first scene. I then played it on a Sony Blu-ray player. The disc sailed through the opening scene . . . and then froze in the second scene! I'm not amused.

I'll try soaking the disc in warm, soapy water. If that doesn't work, it goes into the garbage.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I didn't see the part where you mention contacting warner for a replacement.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yes Tony makes an excellent point. If you purchased it from WA directly they will always replace it if it is defective. That is one of the reasons why the DVD-R issue is a non-issue to me. Beside the fact that I have had more defective pressed discs than DVD-R.

TonyD said:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
TonyD said:

That's because I didn't mention demanding a replacement. I'm going to try to get it to work first.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
classicmovieguy said:
I've had several fried WA discs in the last month or so - chalk it down to the summer heat.

Seriously? You mean, it's safer to buy WA DVDs in the winter?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It could also just be a bad batch of DVD-R discs that the particular facility is using or a duplicator that is on the fritz. There are only a few locations that actually burn the discs. I know that Amazon only uses a single location for their MOD discs. It's outside Lexington and it's not a large operation. If need be, I at least know that Amazon will replace your discs within 30 days. That's one thing I will say that I learned from working for them: in most cases, Amazon will go out of their way to make sure you either get what you ordered or get a refund. You'd be amazed at the steps that their Customer Service people will take to fix a problem. I haven't had reason to deal with Warner Archive Customer Service directly, but I'm sure they'll also stand by their product.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Brian Kidd said:
It could also just be a bad batch of DVD-R discs that the particular facility is using or a duplicator that is on the fritz. There are only a few locations that actually burn the discs. I know that Amazon only uses a single location for their MOD discs. It's outside Lexington and it's not a large operation. If need be, I at least know that Amazon will replace your discs within 30 days. That's one thing I will say that I learned from working for them: in most cases, Amazon will go out of their way to make sure you either get what you ordered or get a refund. You'd be amazed at the steps that their Customer Service people will take to fix a problem. I haven't had reason to deal with Warner Archive Customer Service directly, but I'm sure they'll also stand by their product.

I couldn't agree more regarding Amazon Customer Service. Amazingly speedy and efficient. Even for the most minor of offenses, I've received $5.00 credits or a free extra month of Prime, etc. And they bend the 30 day rules, also. I had a multi-disc set of a television series which took a few months to go through. When I got to Season 5 I noticed one of the discs was damaged impairing playback. I explained the situation and they replaced it.

WBShop (WAC) Customer Service is excellent, also, and they stand behind their product. And I'll throw in Screen Archives Entertainment. A bit slower to respond since they're a smaller operation, but very good.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Marcel H. said:
Well, they don't ship outside the US, therefore nothing of interest for me.
htf_images_smilies_frown.gif
Typical of Warners- only interested in fans locally.No wonder piracy is rife-blame it on Warners.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
cinemiracle said:
Typical of Warners- only interested in fans locally.No wonder piracy is rife-blame it on Warners.

Oh, I see. Only Warner titles are bootlegged. The bootleggers never release fraudulent products of other studios titles. I didn't know that. Thanks for the original research.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
A few days ago I watched the Warner Archive DVD of Run Of The Arrow. It's a good disc, not good enough to be listed in the Best Looking Catalog DVDs thread, but more than satisfactory.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I watched Valley of the Kings the other day. Great film but the aspect ratio seemed a bit off on this DVD. The sandstorm scene in particular looked almost zoomed in.

Would love to see a properly remastered blu ray of this film. It has a great story and the location shots are wonderful.

VelvetVampire

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I know this is off topic a little but maybe it will be useful to some of you. If you don't want to wait for a 5 for $50 sale from WB Shop very many, possibly hundreds of Warner Archives, especially some of the earlier releases, are between $10 and $12 on eBay with free shipping. I believe that is the cheapest way to get them apart from a Warner sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks