What's new

Warner announced 5 R.E.M. DVD-Audio titles & more! (1 Viewer)

John Milton

Second Unit
From MusicTap:

You've asked for more R.E.M. and you're gonna get them. On September 23, Warner releases "Green", "New Adventures in Hi-Fi", "Monster", "Up", and "Out of Time". But REM isn't the only band getting releases on DVD-Audio. On September 9, Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" will see the light of day. Still want more? Ok..how about The Cars first album, "The Cars"? Add all those with the already mentioned Steely Dan's "Everything Must Go" (6/10); Staind's "14 Shades of Grey" (6/17); Chicago's "Chicago II" (6/24) and "Chicago V" (7/22); Donald Fagen's "Kamakiriad" (6/24)...insert pause for air here...Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" (7/22); and Jackson Browne's "Running On Empty" and "The Naked Ride Home", both on (7/22). There is also a Frank Sinatra title, "At The Sands", scheduled for September 23.
I'll definitely be purchasing all of the R.E.M. discs. I hope they'll be given nice 5.1 remixes. I especially look forward to Monster. :emoji_thumbsup:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Whoo-hoo! I will definitely be picking up the following:

* All the R.E.M. titles
* Sinatra Live at the Sands
* Steely Dan Everything Must Go
* The Cars The Cars
* Fleetwood Mac Tusk
* Donald Fagen Kamakiriad
* Jackson Browne Running on Empty

I have to see what's on those Chicago albums. Anyway, that's a great list! Add to that The Beach Boys Pet Sounds (Capitol), and things are looking up for DVD-Audio!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
It is great to see some more REM coming to DVD-A. They may end up being the first artist with their entire catalog on DVD-A if Capital decides to put out some more discs as well. It looks like Warner may finally be opening their vaults a bit. All of the later dates in the year could mean that these discs will be dual sided Hybrids as well. We will have to wait and see, but this is definitely some encouraging news, especially when it comes to getting out more music that appeals to people under 40 years old.

J

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I like most of these titles. Kamakiriad is a great album. one of my favorites along with the Cars first.

Good to see some more title support. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lee

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Justin, good point. I forgot to mention in my earlier post that Warner is grabbing onto to R.E.M. for DVD-Audio releases like Sony has done with Miles Davis. That's not necessarily a bad thing. The music's good! Once the legal mess is worked out with one artist, I guess it's easier to go to town with their catalog, as opposed to releasing just one title. I'd like to see some more balance from Warner -- a title here or there from Madonna, Prince, Dire Straits, and Van Halen is needed -- but R.E.M. is a quality group.

The list of upcoming titles is very impressive, but I am still waiting for Warner to announce Madonna Like A Virgin, Prince Purple Rain, Dire Straits Brothers in Arms, and Van Halen 1984 for release on DVD-Audio. Those titles would probably convince me to add a DVD-Audio player in my second stereo system.

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Is this true?

Or did the former Iraqi info minister land a new gig with Warners. :D

Man, I just hope they nail those dates. :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks Keith.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
For me: The Cars, most of the REM stuff (especially Green), Flaming Lips and Tusk.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

LJ

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I hope this isn't another announcement where we only see one or none of those titles, only to hear that they have been postponed.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
REM Out of Time on DVD A? INXS soon to be coming to DVD A?

I count down the days until release. Thanks for the heads up all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks