What's new

war movies on dvd wishlist (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
if the powers that be do read these threads i figured i would start one. Some of the movies that i hope will make it to dvd are tobruk, the siege of firebase gloria, sea of sand, and the iron triangle.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Long Version of Midaway would be nice but a mixed bag. Since the extra footage was done for TV the release would need to be Full Frame and Pan and scan for the main film. Since the film was originally recorded with mono sound and sensorround bass channel added. The DVD with 1.1 is the original sound and probably the best way to have it. If it was 5.1 it would mean an artificial 5.1 stereo simulation and those usually don't sound very good or natural.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
according to imdb mgm owns the rights to the siege of firebase gloria.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, I was going to say The Heroes of Telemark and Night of the Generals but it seems both are being released by Sony on April 5th...nice work Sony!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
wings, Wings, WINGS!!!

My own three-disc set has get me through, but a nice studio version would be very welcome. AND I'd even let them use my "making of Wings" I produced.

Oh yes, and The Pied Piper. (Montey Wooley).

Charles H

Screenwriter
HOME OF THE BRAVE, IN LOVE AND WAR, THE DAWN PATROL (1930), FIVE GRAVES TO CAIRO, SUBMARINE PATROL, THE PIED PIPER, WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?, A GUY NAMED JOE, MILLIONS LIKE US, A YANK IN LONDON, SONG OF RUSSIA.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Who controls THE BOFORS GUN for R1--Universal? I'd like to see that one released.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
the greatest battle in widescreen, battle of the commandos, pow the escape, battle zone, and hold back the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks