Wanting to tape old out dated VHS tapes to DVD's !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by GlenRF, Apr 19, 2004.

1. GlenRF

GlenRF Agent

I am new to the whole DVD recorder thing I am wanting to get rid of all the old VHS taped shows and put them on DVD.. the thing I am wanting to know is 1. how hard will this be and 2. what will be needed for this. right now my setup is this I have a 48 inch mits. WS-48311, Pioneer progressive DVD Player, Hughes HTL-HD from Dtv, RCA 5.1 surround sound system, and a VCR I think it is a year old dont know what kind of plugins it has in the back. I am also going to be getting a Tivo unit within the next couple of months so tat will be replacing the VCR. thanks for the help .

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

3. Dave-P

Dave-P Agent

GlenRF--
    Here's my setup: JVC SVHS/MiniDV VCR (HRDVS3) and a Sony RDR-GX7 DVD recorder. The JVC VCR has a firewire output so I am able to dub all of my old VHS to the DVD recorder through the Firewire output. No generational loss. I also have a Sony GV-D200 Digital 8 VCR (with Firewire). All in all, I can dub VHS, SVHS, MiniDV, 8mm, Hi-8mm, and Digital 8 through Firewire. The only thing that I can't dub that way is my Beta/SuperBeta.