Wanted: Dead or Alive

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by younger1968, Jul 27, 2013.

1. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I broke down and purchased the complete season of Wanted: Dead or Alive. I am a hug Steve McQueen fan and would welcome input from people on quality of series or the set.

2. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    I have the season sets and very pleased with PQ and content.

Jeff Willis likes this.
  3. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

[​IMG] I'm at S2 in viewing the series.

Gary OS likes this.
  4. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I'm also about half way through Season 2. Its a very entertaining show. I would say slightly above average compared to the 100+ western TV shows out at that time. McQueen is good in the show which would have lasted longer but McQueen moved on to movies and bigger things. Good Picture quality as mentioned.

5. Roy Wall

Roy Wall Supporting Actor

Yeah...by season 3...McQueen seems to BE the character Josh Randall. I think season three is the series highmark...especially the episode "Bounty On Josh". There's even an episode in season 3 about a tornado plowing through a town releasing the baddies from jail with a shot of brief but actual tornado footage,..the only time I have run across such a clip in a 50's western.

6. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Cinematographer

Howie
    I'm with everyone else. It's a very good series with good video/audio quality. I had vague recollections of seeing it as a kid and found it's held up very well. Most surprising was that the 30 minute format didn't feel rushed for most of the episodes. I'm glad I picked up the series.

7. younger1968

paul young
    I have watched a few episodes and the series is very impressive too me. I really like Steve McQueen as Josh Randall!

8. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Stunt Coordinator

A thumbs-up from me too!

9. younger1968

paul young
    Hey John,

I have watched many episodes and feel that Steve McQueen role as Josh Randall was very well done. Josh Randall's character is suited for Steve McQueen and i am glad that i have the ability to watch this show on dvd.

10. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    TV Shows on DVD is reporting yet ANOTHER release of WDOA, this time a "Special Edition" with new features not previously available on Sept 10th. By my count this is now the 3rd time this has released.

11. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Couldn't they have added his first name on the cover...

12. jdee28

jdee28 Screenwriter

John
    Have any of the releases corrected the sped-up PAL transfers of Season 1?

13. younger1968

paul young
    I have really enjoyed watching dead or alive as there are some amazing episodes!! I watched the episode "Jason" and it was very good and leads into the next few episodes were Josh Randall trains a young bounty hunter!!

I am so glad that these old western shows have been released on DVDs as I am a huge fan of the old west. I hope to picked up more of the old west shows over the next few years!!

hypnohighball likes this.
  14. Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen Screenwriter

Doug Wallen
    I have been intrigued by this show ever since I saw the teaser promo on the Twilight Zone discs. I found that MeTv was running episodes and watched them when I had the time. They appealed to me. I like Steve McQueen in his movies and found his tv role to be interesting.

By now, most everyone knows that Movie Stop (owned by Hastings) is going out of business. I stopped by my local store and found the first two seasons for 40% off. I have enjoyed getting to experience this show and am finding the scripts very well executed. I am tickled with the video quality, these are the New Line double sided discs with extras. I am sorry that the store did not have season three. I need to find that one somewhere as I want to now own the entire series.

Great show and a wonderful classic series. Glad I stumbled across this one.