What's new

Wanted Celeron 1.1 CPU (1 Viewer)

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I know this is not the for sale board but I am looking for an inexpensive Celeron 1.1 CPU. It needs to be an Intel Coppermine fc-pga CPU.

If anyone has one laying around that they are not using please let me know.

Thanks,
Glenn

Kevin T

Screenwriter
try ebay. there are a few there, but i'm not sure if they're fc-pga or fc-pga2. good luck. i think i actually used to have that chip a while back, but i must've sold it or something.

kevin t

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Kevin,

I have looked at eBay and actually bought one somewhere else. But a lot of ads don't specify between the fc-pga or fc-pga2 and as I found out that is important.

Still looking.

Thanks,
Glenn

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

>>i think the easiest way to tell the difference between fc-pga and fc-pga2 is that fc-pga2 has 256K cache whereas the fc-pga will have 128K cache.

Thanks for that tip. That really helps. I didn't know there were two versions available until recently.

>>Why on earth would you wan to buy that?

I have a Magnia SG20 server that only has a 566 Mhz Celeron and I want a bump up in speed and the 1.1 CPU is the fastest that this server will take.

Thanks,
Glenn

Kevin T

Screenwriter
glen:

i don't know if your mobo specifics and price requirements, but to get the absolute most out of your mobo/cpu combo, you might wanna look into some fcpga-fcpga2 adaptors (preferrably powerleap. they allow you use tualtin processors (up to 1.4 ghz) on socket 370 fcpga boards so you can go as high as your fsb will let you within the fcpga2 family.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks