Wanted an SVS how about an HSU

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Steven Or, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Steven Or

Steven Or Auditioning

I was looking at the SVS PC+20-39 but was convinced by Tom and the sales rep when I called to spend a little more and buy the PB12-NSD/2 instead. I placed my order nearly 2 weeks ago and then heard nothing. I called today wondering where my sub was and was told that they were and still are out of stock. They also mentioned that it was on oversight to not contact me of the delay. Offered me a free T-shirt. Also didn't happen to mention not having any when convincing me to switch from the PC to the PB 2 weeks ago.

A T-shirt just didn't do it for me. I was wondering now if I should cancel my order and go with an HSU. Which model do you think would be comparable to the PB12-NSD/2? I need to keep it around the same $1000. It is going in a 21x21 room with ceilings just over 7 feet.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I'm sure SVS will take care of you. Seems like a lot of inadvertent errors on their part, but if you switch to HSU, VTF-3 HO $899.

With a square room, you will have response issues with cancellation. I would definitely factor in some room treatments (bass traps) into your budget.

3. frogpond

frogpond Stunt Coordinator

I think thier growth and the fact they are in the middle of launching new products has overwhelmed them. I used to be able to get answers to my emails fast and as of recently...nothing. I LOVE thier products and hope that the customer service comes back up to where it was. If not there is always Hsu and av123 for me [​IMG]

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You aren't the only person I've heard this from, so they must be REALLY busy...

5. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

Hi Steve:

We apologize for not notifying you about the NSD/2 enclosure back-order - it was an oversight on our part. The enclosures have just arrived at the Shop, and your subwoofer is being built and shipped today. I hope you find this satisfactory.

Regards,

Ed Mullen

6. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

Hi Chris:

All inquiries to sales@svsound.com are typically answered within 24 hours, usually much less. Sometimes a note gets stuck in our SPAM filter and it takes a bit longer to see the note and reply.

And sometimes our replies are SPAMMED at the customer end, or simply go into electronic oblivion. We recently had a customer who was able to receive our emails at one address, but not another - and there was no evidence of a SPAM filter - so sometimes it remains an unsolved mystery. [​IMG]

Regardless, if you are sending emails to individuals within SVS (like Ron, Tom, or Erik), please send me the details of same at edm@svsound.com, and I'll try to track down what happened and get you a response.

Regards,

Ed Mullen

7. mazersteven

mazersteven Stunt Coordinator

I have always had good service with SVS. This sound like something out of the norm for them. Sorry it happened to you, but I can say they are a great bunch of guys at SVS.

And they didn't talk you into anything you didn't need for your system application. Infact I've known them to suggest less sub then someone was first thinking. [​IMG]

After you have your sub and start to play it, you'll forget all about this little event.

Congratulation And I never received a T-Shirt. [​IMG]

8. Alowe

Alowe Agent

Sounds like they are on top of this and are taking care of you!

That is why I decided to go with them.

Kudos to you guys!

Andy