What's new

Want to see an X-Box crash? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
You just know there are going to be people that will try to crash it, just because it is Microsoft.
rolleyes.gif

-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I once had my Sega Genesis on CONTINUOUSLY for a month. I was playing the baseball game that was popular in 1992 (sold it so I don't remember the title, but I'm pretty sure it was an EA Sports product). The game would save stats for the season, but as soon as you turned the console off the individual stats would be erased, but the standings and records would remain. Well I wanted to see how many homers I could hit with McGwire and the A's so I just kept that thing on in my dorm room and played 3-4 games a day between classes (each game took less than 1/2 an hour), and after a month I had a complete season with 103 home runs for Big Mac! How's that for system stability?
wink.gif

Oscar_R

Second Unit
well, this is what i do for all of my brand new consoles. I leave them running for a week straight. If ANY problems are going to develop on that unit. It should show up during that much time operating. I had to take back my original playstation because the video started to skip during that time period. Bettre to exchange a faulty unit then than a year down the line. ALso here a link to a pretty interesting forum on console repair. Seems every single one out there is prone to problems once in a while. http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/47455

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Well, well, well.
Call it the Luck of the Irish (which I'm not) or whatever, but I've never, never had a console crash on me. I've owned just about every major console since the early 70s and I guess I'm just very fortunate.
I had the original NES 'ON' for months with the Mario series, because you had to start over every time you turned it off (or something like that). Still worked until I sold it.
I did the same thing with my Saturn. The battery in the backup area would go out and I was playing the original Tomb Raider. So I would just leave the game on and catch it when I could. It still works and I still play it.
Troy
------------------
:My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

Want to hear something really funny about the XBox?...
Last night, I'm playing NFL Fever for the first time and I start a practice session to familiarize myself with the moves of the game. As I am running down the field doing move after move, (spin, juke, stiff arm, etc.) the game locks up just as I get to the goal line. WHAT THE F#CK! Scared the $#!+ out of me. My brand spanking new XBox pulled one of those old N64 / PSOne lockups! Aarrgghh!
The same chord kept playing rapidly and the screen was frozen. I hit the reset button and everything is now back to normal. LOL! :) So much for the "new and improved" consoles!
Gotta go... Time to put in Halo for the first time... Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks