What's new

Want to get in shape for 2004? (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I just have a couple more questions for you guys if I may.
First, the start of your diet was your fat loss stage. Did any of your supplements change? I read that you only start taking Creatine at your mass building stage, is it of no use at the beginning? Also, I've been reading up on the items you were using and I noticed a lot come in both power and gel caps. Is there any difference between gels and powers?
How long did it take you before you knew you were ready to do the HIIT program?
Thanks again for the information everyone, and just as important, the inspiration!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
First off John, congratulations. The pictures you posted and the amount of change you went through are truly amazing and inspirational. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I've always been a tall, skinny guy. Same weight for years, but pretty much no muscle, just what most call baby fat. I'm 24, 6'3" and around 155-160lbs, 31" waist. I have tried working out in the past, my equipment consists of a good punching bag, a bodyblade a torso roller, and a mountain bike for summer. I've tried getting into a workout schedule, and changing my ways but it has never lasted long. This year I want it to be different, and a conversation with my ex today really hit a nerve, or more like a soft spot. She was commenting on an actor that she said looked very much like myself, only she added "but with a six pack, sorry." Ouch.

I guess one reason why I have never been able to stick with it is that I never had any direction, or goal to shoot for. Your site really inspired me, and I'll continue to look it over very closely.

I was wondering if you had any advice for me. I know I will need to change my eating habits first and foremost. I'm a fastfood junkie, and since I have a high metabolism it never really affected me, but it surely didn't help either. I don't smoke, never did drugs, don't drink, but am addicted to Mountain Dew. Probably will have to kick that habit too. :)

Thanks for any help.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
How do you choke down the protein shakes? maybe its just the mix that I bought but everyday I have to force myself not to gag it all back up after that last drink. I'm currently using the GNC Strawberry Protein Mix. Does the group have any recommendations?

AllanN

Supporting Actor

Protein powder (whatever ammount you use per drink)
6oz Orange Juice
1 Banana
4 Ice Cubes

Blend

Drink

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Careful with fruit in the shakes. You only want to do that occasionally. Fructose is a pretty simple sugar. It's good for after a workout, but you may want to avoid it later during the day / night.

I prefer the vanilla wheys since they're more versatile. One of my favorite late-night shakes:

Scoop of whey (Optimum)
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
tbspn natural peanut butter
water
ice
...blend. Mmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks