What's new

Want a look at Kodak's new Portra 400? (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So I finally got my roll of Kodak Portra 400 back from the lab. The film, according to Kodak - http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/films/portra/400main.jhtml - was designed with scanning in mind. They created an extremely fine-grain emulsion that would translate well through a scanner with lower contrast allows scanners to capture a wider range of tones.

This isn't the only picture I have back from the roll, but it is the only one up at the moment:

Geeze, this stuff looks great! It seems to do for blues what Kodachrome did for reds - really makes them explode off the page, There's a silhouettes by the water shots that's forthcoming that looks brilliant. I cant wait for more rolls to show up from Adorama (plus some good weather) to go shoot some more!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
You know, shockingly I've never been approached while shooting infrastructure around Seattle. Piers, grain towers, ships, trains and train-yards, middle of the night, bright and sunny days - nope, never been hassled by The Man. This instance doesnt count, since Gasworks Park is indeed a public park with these old structures in them.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Here's a couple of more, showing off some skin tones -

and

I can't wait for summer to get some good lighting and awesome sunsets to really try out this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks