What's new

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 8 - 11/11 (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Disney's lawyers want to make sure that if some kid gets his hands on a shotgun and shoots someone, Elmer Fudd takes the rap. ;)

Regards,

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I first posted this on the GAC forum and reposted here including info obtained by other posters.

FYI, with Donald-4 , all Chip & Dale cartoons which have Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and pluto can be found on the Disney Treasures EXCEPT the 3 cartoons without DD,MM, Pluto. they are:

1951: CHICKEN IN THE ROUGH
1952: TWO CHIPS AND A MISS
1954: THE LONE CHIPMUNKS

A few years ago, I bought 2 DVDs of Chip & Dale ("Chip & Chap" in German).
The 2 DVDs which as still available and are called:

"Chip & Chap - Die Hörnchen sind los!"
"Chip & Chap - Lustige Streiche"

There is a web-site listing all the Chip & Dale cartoons - it has not been updated for Donald-4.

Duckfilm.de | Disney Cartoon Index: A- und B-Hörnchen (Chip 'n' Dale)

"TWO CHIPS AND A MISS" and "CHICKEN IN THE ROUGH" are found in Germany on the 2nd DVD "Lustige Streiche".
Amazon.de: Chip & Chap - Lustige Streiche: DVD & Blu-ray

They are also on a similar DVD in the UK:
Chip 'n' Dale - Vol. 1: Chip N Dale: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

and in the US on:
Amazon.com: Classic Cartoon Favorites, Vol. 4 - Starring Chip 'n Dale: Disney: Movies & TV

The only DVD that contains the 3rd cartoon "THE LONE CHIPMUNKS" seems to be on as a bonus feature on the Davy Crockett movie set.

Amazon.com: Davy Crockett -Two Movie Set: Fess Parker, Buddy Ebsen, Basil Ruysdael, Hans Conried, William Bakewell, Kenneth Tobey, Pat Hogan, Helene Stanley, Nick Cravat, Don Megowan, Mike Mazurki, Jeff Thompson (III), Henry Joyner, Campbell Brown, R

I hope that these 3 cartoons will eventually be released on a future Disney Treasure.

Mr. Freeze

Auditioning
Real Name
Glenn Freeze

I'm confident any ZORRO episodes released as a Walt Disney Treasures set would be in black & white. Not only that, I'm sure they'd be restored to exactly how they were originally broadcast in 1957 (complete with the full opening and trailers for the following week's episode).

Mr. Freeze

Auditioning
Real Name
Glenn Freeze

The hour-long episodes were filmed in black & white and have not to my knowledge been colorized.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
As do I. I never had the chance to see the actual miniseries, but the novelization was in my school's library and I recall reading it and REALLY wanting to see the mini. I need to get my butt in gear and get my hands on a copy.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I got the chance to watch the first part of Dr. Syn last night. To be honest, I was completely entranced with it. The characters might not be the most complex or well drawn creatures ever committed to film, but it's a fun little adventure.

I did a double take when Scarecrow mentioned blowing someone's head off (paraphrasing). Definitely not Disney!

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Dr. Syn's already selling for $52 at Amazon by 3rd party sellers. There's no indication on their site that Amazon has more on the way...

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Looks like most of the recent auctions (last 7 days) have closed around the $25 mark, however the ones closing in the next couple days are already at $34 and $61.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
If a company knows they could sell more of something, like this "Dr. Syn" set, why would they refuse to make more copies?

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
iirc, Dr. Syn was originally scheduled for Wave 2 of the WDT but it got canned/never confirmed. presumably it was tossed in this wave as an afterthought b/c Disney thought there was little to no demand.

and I imagine that the numbers of sets this year are based on how many sets sold last year and projections from that and previous years' sales. Those projections seem to have been quite off in the case of Dr. Syn.

WadeM

Supporting Actor

Which is interesting, considering it was one of the most pre-ordered titles from Walt Disney Treasures: Dr. Syn - The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh DVD Review

"In 2004, back when Disney used to release catalog DVDs to the general public with such bells and whistles as chapter stops, Dr. Syn had its digital debut announced. It was yanked from the schedule before reaching stores, but not before ascending Amazon.com's sales chart (and becoming one of the most pre-ordered titles in this site's history). That fervor -- most unusual for three 40-year-old television episodes -- must have prompted Disney to give this property, surely slated for a routine release, a little more care. "

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Where I live, if you didn't snap up "Dr. Syn" early on its Tuesday morning release, or order it right away online, you were out of luck. It's the first Treasure I haven't been able to get. I never realized it had such a following, and of course now I'm curious to see what all the excitement is about.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I must say I almost didn't get Dr. Syn as I figured it would be the one in least demand, ala Davy Crocket (saw it in stores still four-five years after release) or Elfego Baca

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Best Buy said they'd a hold a Dr. Syn for me but when I got there they couldn't find it. Typical.

Does anyone know where Dr. Syn can be purchased at a fair and reasonable price?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
At Amazon $65 from Marketplace sellers.

But if you find that reasonable....

It goes up there, already, to $125 at least.
It's difficult to predict the future development of the price.

Cees

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As someone has collected all types of crap through the years (like toys, comics, DVDs, etc.), it seems like a lot of rare or discontinued items shoot through the roof immediately since everyone panics but then the price goes down. Dr. Syn might be expensive in six months but I doubt it'll still be going for $125.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
There is a replacement for "Bee On Guard" where the cartoon was (accidentally) cut at the end. This was the cartoon 'Bee On Guard' on disc 1 of Chronological Donald Vol 4.

In the US (?and Canada) one can call at Disney's Consumer Relations 800-723-4763..

If you are outside the US, send an email to:

[email protected]

I received a very quick response yesterday (a few hours)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks