What's new

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 4 (1 Viewer)

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Al,

Thanks for the Tiki Room info. And thanks for all your other good work.

-Reagan

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Here are the Special Cartoons which could be released in Treasures sets:
1. Ferdinand the Bull
2. Figaro and Cleo
3. Bath Day
4. Figaro and Frankie
5. The Brave Engineer
6. Morris the Midget Moose
7. Lambert, the Sheepish Lion
8. Susie, the Little Blue Coupe
9. The Little House
10.Melody-Adventures in Music
11.Football (Now and Then)
12.Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom
13.Ben and Me
14.Pigs is Pigs
15.Casey Bats Again
16.Social Lion
17.Hooked Bear
18.Jack and Old Mac
19.In the Bag
20.A Cowboy Needs a Horse
21.The Story of Anyburg U.S.A.
22.The Truth About Mother Goose
23.Paul Bunyan
24.Noah's Ark
25.Goliath II
26.The Saga of Windwagon Smith
27.A Symposium on Popular Songs
28.Freewayphobia
29.Freewayphobia #2
30.Scrooge McDuck and Money
31.Donald in Mathmagic Land
32.The Small One

.....These don't include the Donald and Goofy shorts in which they starred together, or other educational shorts. Because some of these are featurettes, there would have to be two tins to contain them. Some are also in 3-D.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
It would also be cool to have a Winnie the Pooh tin with the featurettes presented as they originally were, plus Winnie the Pooh Discovers the Seasons could be included.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
That list of "Special Cartoons" seems right. I guess Noah's Ark and A Symposium on Popular Songs aren't really "cartoons", though - I've never seen them myself, but I think they're made by some sort of "household objects", not drawings. Can anyone comment on that? They could still be included in a collection of "Specials", of course.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Actually, a bunch of the Donald/Goofy shorts are on the CHRONOLOGIAL DONALD set that just came out.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
I need to see Freewayphobia/Freewayphobia #2. Those are my favorite Disney shorts. Any reason why this wasn't included in the complete Goofy set?

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I guess the reason could be that they are a bit longer than the "classic shorts" and they were made a few years after. It could also be that it seems they're considered "educational" titles. Anyway, I guess it's reasonable not to include them with the "classic shorts" - but it wouldn't have been wrong to include them either...

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
The sets without the tins are reissues of the first two waves and were sold at Costco. The new releases that are generally available have tins.

Brad-blemansk

Auditioning

:angry:

I'll be there in a couple of weeks(Disney World) and it makes me so mad this attraction was changed. It was one of my favorites growing up.

Tiki Birds in the Tiki Room....

For a new wave I'd like to see some opening day/History stuff for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, since those were the ones I grew up at - not Disneyland. In fact I only went to Disneyland after I graduated from college.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a little disappointed the "Donald Duck in Mathamagicland" won't be included in this year's wave. At one point I was hoping to find it in the Chronological Donald vol. 1, but no such luck.

I recently saw this short again in a college honors course, of all places, and I MUST OWN IT! I need to get a hold of "An Adventure in Color" as well.

Ok, you may now return to your normal lives.

David

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Donald in Mathmagic Land was not produced until 1959, so there wasn't much chance that it was going to wind up on Chronological Donald Volume 1, which stops before the World War II shorts. Considering how many Donald shorts were made in the late 40s & 50s, we may have to wait for The Chronological Donald Volume 3 or a set of educational shorts.

Regards,

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Casey Bats Again is on one of the current Disney Gold Collection DVDs, Melody Time I believe. I was at walmart the other day and noticed it was listed on the back of one of the Gold Collection DVDs but pictured on the back of a different Gold Collection DVD, I just can't remember which it was listed on and which it was pictured on.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The 1954 "Casey Bats Again" short appears as an extra on the "Melody Time" DVD. "Casey at the Bat" is a segment of the 1946 feature "Make Mine Music".

Regards,

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
How many units was this wave limited to? I've noticed, here in Toronto, that the 4 tins are not moving as fast as the last ones, or is it that more than 150k were issued?

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Depends on what title you are referring to, but aside from Tomorrowland, all the other titles featured a substantial increase in print runs.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Wave 1 - 150,000 for each title
Wave 2 - 125,000 for each title

For wave 3, from memory it is:
* Tomorrowland - 105,000
* Donald vol 1 - 165,000
* Mickey vol 2 - 165,000
* Front Lines - 250,000

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks