What's new

Walt Disney Treasures 11/27 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from www.dvdfile.com
Also just announced from Disney is wave two of their acclaimed Walt Disney Treasures series. Arriving on 11/27 are Mickey Mouse in Black and White, a collection of classic Mickey shorts from the early days of Disney, The Complete Goofy, and Behind the Scenes at The Walt Disney Studio. All are presented in their original 4:3 aspect ratios with varying audio specs depending on the program material, and extras are extensive and varied, including shorts, still galleries, promo spots and plenty more. Retail is $32.95 apiece.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
What happened to "Wartime Cartoons?" I was looking forward to grabbing all four.
Not that I don't want the three mentioned any less now.:D
Wait....that's a Wednesday. I assume they mean the 26th, along with a supposed bunch of clones. :)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Jorge,
you might have forgotten , but there is a tiny, tiny holiday at that time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
John_S and Oscar, DVDFile also announced - in addition to the Disney Treasures - the 2nd Spider-Man animated disc as well as Reign Of Fire.

No specific date was named in the Spider-Man paragraph, leading one to assume that they mean it's the same date as the Treasures stuff in the paragraph prior.

RoF was mentioned for 11/13. That's also a Wednesday.

While I have loads of respect for Peter Bracke, I often see wrong dates posted there. The holiday - Thanksgiving - is on Thu. 11/28, and it doesn't make sense to give folks one less day to buy those titles by streeting them on a Weds than on a Tues. Freight times won't be affected before the holiday, just immediately after (Dec. 3rd titles are in more danger of slipping to a Wednesday).

I expect Disney will aim for 11/26 or perhaps sooner, so as to have these in-stores and visible during the "Black Friday" day-after-Thanksgiving retail rush, where some stores make as much as 25% of their annual sales all in one day! Being that these are great gifts, and 11/29 will kick off the holiday buying rush, I doubt these will street later than that.

Bottom line is that I expect both dates are mistaken, and will wait for confirmation from other sources before marking my calendar!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
That was my first thought. The one I was looking forward to the most. Hopefully it's just an oversight, but with my luck, they've decided it's too sensitive to show a cartoon badmouthing Hitler. :frowning:

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
David
Thanks but the Green Goblin DVD was already mentioned in the SpiderMan DVD release thread so I ignored it in this thread.
Mark
Thanks for the direct link to the WD dvd
:D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Goofy one runs 523mins, thats almost 9 hrs of Goofy cartoons!-very cool~

Alex S

Second Unit
Yes !!
I'm getting all three. :)
I have the 1st four and they are great.
Costco selles them for $ 21.99 each.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Disney Store sells them for $22.99....not bad at all from them and usually they provide some sort of extra bonus with their purchases...Costco still has tons (at least at my local one) of the first wave of titles.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
523 minutes!! That's incredible! Very nearly 9 hours of Goofy cartoons. I just hope that all of them are readily accessible (i.e., no easter egg cartoons). I'll also be getting the Mickey Mouse one, but I'm not so sure about the Behind the Scenes DVD, as its "rewatchability" factor seems much lower. But Goofy and Mickey are definites. Keep up the good work, Disney.

Steve K.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Cool! I'll be picking up the Goofy and Mickey Mouse sets. Hope they're still going to release the Wartime Cartoons set as I was most looking forward to that one.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I too was looking forward very much to Wartime Cartoons. If for some reason Disney releases 3 sets this wave instead of 4, hopefully the third wave will have it. But I'm definitely getting the two animated sets, just like I did with the first wave. Hopefully Disney's plans are to gradually release all of their animated shorts - from the first to the last.

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
Is it possible that a Donald Duck Walt Disney Treasures series would ever come out? My Dad loves Donald but doesn't care so much for the collections that are already out. He doesn't follow DVD releases like I do, so I've been keeping an eye out for a possible Donald Duck release.

Thanks.
Jerry

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
9 Hours of Goofy, not bad but why not so much of Mickey?
There were 74 Mickey B+Ws so I guess that would make about 7 hours worth, I just hope they do the rest in a future release. :frowning:

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
hmm there are three other treasures that have been rumored

Wartime Cartoons
Walt Disneys Tru Life Adventures
Dr. Syn Alias the Scarecrom (the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh)

Perhaps Disney is listening to the collectors and will launch a third wave, also consisting of three titles in mid 2003?

edit: anyone else notice on the disney site that Behind the scenes and MIckey Mouse both say will be available 12/03/2002 and Goofy says not currently available? I wonder if these will launch before thanksgiving as dvdfile announced? will they be able to fit all the goofy onto two dvds or will it be a three dvd set? it seems to have the most extensive extras, and 9 hours is pushing the storage limit of dvd to it's utmost for two platters. Also there is significantly more MIckey mouse cartoons on this set, 255 minutes, that's an hour more than the first set!

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
Which one do you guys own, and which do you recommend? I only have one, which is Mickey Mouse in moving Color Tin Box but I don't know much about the rest. Help me get those great Disney cartoons?
I am not interesting in real-life stuffs, just good cartoon. thnx.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Aaryn- I also enjoyed Silly Symphonies. In fact I purchased it long before I purchased MM. "Silly Symphonies" doesn't feature one main character; instead the underlying theme is music. Many of the cartoons are quite amusing, but humor didn't seem to be the main goal of these cartoons. Instead, they seem to offer the Disney animators a chance to "interpret" various pieces of music, but it's not as oriented to the classics as is Fantasia.

Of course Disney has MANY other animated features well worth purchasing, but I get the impression you were mainly asking about the Walt Disney Treasures in your post.

Steve K.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Which one do you guys own, and which do you recommend? I only have one, which is Mickey Mouse in moving Color Tin Box but I don't know much about the rest. Help me get those great Disney cartoons?
You didn't get the Silly Symphonies set? Get it now while you still can! It has some great shorts, many historically important or ground-breaking.

And if you want "those great Disney cartoons", then you must get the two newly announced sets, Complete Goofy and Mickey Mouse in Black-and-White.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks