What's new

Wall mounts for Athena AS-B1's? (2 Viewers)

MarcusDiddle

Stunt Coordinator
I'm finally moving out of my apartment and into a home with a more proper HT area (the basement). Anyway, I haven't quite decided what I'm gonna do about positioning the rear surrounds. Here's a pic of the rear of the room:

Bose surrounds are gone; belonged to the previous owner and I just disconnected them last night. Anyway, you can see from the pic why I'm having a tough time determing the best location for the rears. I could move the sectional off the wall a bit and go with stands, but I'd rather not. So I think I'd like to go with wall-mounts, but the AS-B1's are pretty heavy; I can't find any mounts locally that'll hold them. Any suggestions?

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
A temporary corner shelf for stage left, and set the other on the desk, stage right. You're OK with drilling the cabinets? Some key-hole type attachments would work fine. Consider "landscape" vs "portrait".

Or sell them and get the true surrounds they sell, or perhaps an S.5 pair, small and designed for wall mounting.

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
I use B-1's for my surrounds and I use Vogels speaker brakets. They can hold up to 44lbs (I believe), allow you to move them up or down and side to side. I would definitely recommend them.

MarcusDiddle

Stunt Coordinator
You happen to know off-hand the price of the Vogel's per pair? I found a place locally that sells them, but haven't made it out there yet.

Also came across these online:

http://mcm.newark.com/NewarkWebComme...KU=50-5410&N=0

Those are only $25/piece and look like they'd work. Kinda looks like I'd need to put two screws through the back of the speaker though, and I'm not too sure I wanna do that!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
These speakers are rear ported, so putting them very close to the wall is not the best idea. You might consider plugging the ports if you are going to mount them very near the wall.

MarcusDiddle

Stunt Coordinator
That's actually what I ended up doing, and it looks pretty good. Found the shelf at Lowe's, and it blends in perfectly with the rest of the woodwork. Would still like to get the other speaker up to the same height as the shelved speaker, but it's sitting on the desk until I find something better.

Still gotta hide this ugly speakerwire somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks