Wall mount speakers concealed in wall?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by jwatson0405, Feb 23, 2013.

1. jwatson0405

jwatson0405 Auditioning

Hi All, If this is in the wrong section I apologize - I tried determining which to place it in, and just thought beginners might do the trick! A couple years ago I purchased a set of 5 Klipsch Quintet speakers when building my surround sound system. I love the speakers! Great quality, and they are all in good shape. I'm currently in the process of building a home, and really want to integrate "in-wall" speakers for a more natural look. Is this done? I'm guessing there may be a kit that would allow for my to place these "wall-mount" speakers, in the wall. Anyone heard of this before? Thanks for any help you can offer!

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    in-wall speakers is a new category, in the grand scheme of audio. It was created in 1950. Everybody makes in-walls. Just on Amazon, there are 26,000 different in-walls to choose from. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=in-wall%20speakers&sprefix=in-wall%2Celectronics%2C342&rh=n:172282%2Ck%3Ain-wall%20speakers

3. jwatson0405

jwatson0405 Auditioning

Thanks for the reply! I understand there are "in-wall" speakers that are built - I'm wondering for a way to integrate my wall-mount speakers maybe with a grill or something else.

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Is your wall 6" deep?

5. jwatson0405

jwatson0405 Auditioning

You know, that's a great point. I hadn't really thought through it in that way, and that seems to be a good reason to go with proper in wall speakers. I guess I'll keep the klipsch system for the basement. Thanks for the perspective.