Wall Color and image quality

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Will Cunningham, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Will Cunningham

Will Cunningham Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I am looking for information on how wall color affects the picture quality of a projector and if anyone has any suggestions for what colors would be best.

I remember finding info on this stuff in the distant past but it has taken a long time to get the projector area ready and I can't remember the details. lol. I vaugely remember that matt colors are best to avoid light reflection but that is the extent of my memory. I would appreciate any tips of suggestions anyone had.

Thanks!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Definitely use a flat finish, and the darker the better. We used flat black for the ceiling and screen wall, and dark gray for the other 3 walls.

3. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

4. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

Nice david...Im going to have to get some pics of my theater once I get the projector installed and the screen and seating finished....

I used a color from benjamin moore called wolf grey on my walls its a dark grey/green/blue color, black ceiling, and projector screen wall area, and a silver white veiwing area. carpet in my theater is very cool....circles with that wolf grey, black and gold...im in the process of painting my moudings gold and putting in rope light in a dropped crown moulding so that just the light comes from it.

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Steve:

I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Parker