What's new

Walking Dead Season 3 (2 Viewers)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Was the young guy who got in the way of the bullet intended for the Governor the son of the white guy from Tyrese's group?
I believe that Ben was the ashtmatic kid that The Governor recruited when shoring up the defenses for Woodbury. I liked the concept of Merle trying to do right by his brother but I wish the setup had been different as the whole 'give up Michonne' concept has always strained credibility for me. Regardless of that small criticism the sequences with Merle and Michonne were excellent and the goodbye of the brothers was heartfelt. Great work by Rooker and Reedus.As was pointed out on Talking Dead, the first rule of the zombie apocalypse is you never leave a person in a condition where they can turn; you put them down. Shane did it to Otis last season and The Governor did it to Merle this season and in both cases it is a dick move. (Well, re-reading that I'm not sure that there was anything left of Otis to turn, but I hope that others get the point. :) )- Walter.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Sean Bryan said:
Actually, I'd really love it if those of you who don't like the show would just stop watching and go away.I don't understand the weird compulsion to keep watching and complaining about something you just don't like. Just let it freaking go already.
I call them as I see them. This is a thread for open discussion, no? I'm sure there are lovefest TWD threads out there that can be posted to.

In my posts I point out the good and the bad. ie Micchone & Merle scenes were very good and the bad - episode setup, Rick's non-dilemma dilemma. etc

That reminds me - funniest moment of the episode - unintentionally I believe - Rick telling everyone they should operate as a democracy and then walking away before anyone else had a chance to talk.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I am hoping they don't end it in the middle of the battle that is coming..... I am also wondering if they are going to off any of the main characters in the battle?

Since they can't really do the arch that was in the comic book, I am wondering if someone else will take the place.

I know I am late to the party here but I have been watching since day one and reading the books since day one.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
I believe that Ben was the ashtmatic kid that The Governor recruited when shoring up the defenses for Woodbury.
Ah! Thanks. That makes sense. I knew I'd seen him before earlier in the season. I just couldn't pinpoint when.
As was pointed out on Talking Dead, the first rule of the zombie apocalypse is you never leave a person in a condition where they can turn; you put them down. Shane did it to Otis last season and The Governor did it to Merle this season and in both cases it is a dick move.
At this point I think they're just trying to make the Governor into as much of a monster as possible, so that we're really rooting against him come the finale. Merle's always been a sort of anti-hero, while the Governor is a stone-cold villain, and this episode really took pains to highlight the difference.
Rhett_Y said:
I am hoping they don't end it in the middle of the battle that is coming..... I am also wondering if they are going to off any of the main characters in the battle?
For the battle to have any weight at all, they're definitely going to need to kill off some of the prison people along with a crapload of the Woodbury people and probably one or two of Tyrese's gang.

I just hope they surprise us a bit. You expect Beth and Carol to bite it, and probably Hershel too. I'd like to see someone get it who I wouldn't expect. I also think they need to (SPOILER) kill the baby, like they did in the graphic novel. Both because keeping track of a baby in the zombie apocolypse is a logistical nightmare, and because it's something that's really brutal and shocking. (SPOILER)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Adam Lenhardt said:
Was the young guy who got in the way of the bullet intended for the Governor the son of the white guy from Tyrese's group?
I think it was. The asthmatic kid was taller, skinnier, and darker, if I remember right. Plus, I don't think they ever mentioned that kid's name.

From The Walking Dead web site on AMC:

Amid the gun blasts, Merle opens fire on the Governor's men. He aims at the Governor but accidentally hits Allen's son Ben, who gets in the way.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
For the battle to have any weight at all, they're definitely going to need to kill off some of the prison people along with a crapload of the Woodbury people and probably one or two of Tyrese's gang.
My guess is that Tyrese and maybe even his sister?/daughter?/girl? will be joining the group full time next year since I'm sure the cast is about to get thinned out quite a bit.

And with regards to your spoiler, I think it's too sick to have happen in a mainstream live action TV series. Hats off to them if they have the balls to do it though.

By the way, am I the only one who can faintly see Adam's spoiler even without highlighting it?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I am betting the final shot of the season will be straight out of the comic (which is a good thing, as it's an iconic page):

the Governor rolling toward the jail, riding on the tank like a badass.

Something bad has to happen to Andrea to make all the screen time that entire arc was given mean anything. If she's simply rescued unharmed, that entire arc was a cheat.

I agree with Adam that, as in the comic, a certain character has to die:

Judith.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Lou Sytsma said:
I call them as I see them. This is a thread for open discussion, no? I'm sure there are lovefest TWD threads out there that can be posted to.

In my posts I point out the good and the bad. ie Micchone & Merle scenes were very good and the bad - episode setup, Rick's non-dilemma dilemma. etc

That reminds me - funniest moment of the episode - unintentionally I believe - Rick telling everyone they should operate as a democracy and then walking away before anyone else had a chance to talk.
I think the real point he was making was the dynamic of someone who clearly doesn't like something, continue to subject themselves to that very thing, expecting a different result. Over, and over and....

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I loved the first season. I thought second season was up and down. This season has been up and down as well. Some things good, some not so good. I'll wait until the final episode.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Lou Sytsma said:

Yeah, I don't think that post was directed at you Lou, or others like you. I think he was referring to this . . .
Now, I'm only watching this show out of habit, and because the spouse watches it. Mad Men can't start soon enough...

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
While admittedly flawed, I have to say I've enjoyed the heck out of these last 3 episodes.

Good stuff with Merle. I was actually really caught off guard by him turning, which doesn't happen often in a TV show. That scene was really well done.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was lukewarm on the first two years (whenever there'd be an episode that I liked, I wouldn't like the next one or two eps) but I've been pretty happy with this season. Honestly, the episode with Morgan a few weeks ago- despite having some solid attributes- was the one that I probably enjoyed the least this year.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I pretty much in the same boat as TravisR. I was really excited about this show when it first came on the air, but quickly lost interest in it as the writing and characters became so boring and the story made no sense. I thought this past season was not too bad. It is something I look forward to watching, which for TV shows is rare these days!

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I have been happy with this season but I wish this finale was over 2 episodes instead of one. I haven't read the comics but I feel like this finale is just going to be rushed. I hope I am wrong.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Matt^Brown said:
have been happy with this season but I wish this finale was over 2 episodes instead of one. I haven't read the comics but I feel like this finale is just going to be rushed. I hope I am wrong.
I don't know. I feel like the last 3 episodes have been building up to this finale. Not sure another episode is needed, unless they're taking it beyond the big showdown between the prison group and the Woodbury group.

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I've always sort of wondered how Woodbury got started. Maybe someone who's read the comics can give a little background (if it exists). Did the Gov start Woodbury, or did he show up and slide into power?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Lauren Cohan was on Law and Order tonight. She looks different without grime and zombie fluids on her face.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Cameron Yee said:
Lauren Cohan was on Law and Order tonight. She looks different without grime and zombie fluids on her face.
Agreed. She looked hot when she was on Talking Dead, and she is yet another Brit on the show. Her American accent is spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks