What's new

Waiting on: Blu-Ray music disks. (1 Viewer)

Rakie

Agent
Real Name
Tim
Anybody else here waiting for music BD to really start showing up ? There's one or two here and there but a lot of music I listen to doesn't have the budget for HD filming and true high quality sound. (I listen mostly to Death Metal and Tech Metal)

Also, I can't find any music BD's really floating around, anybody have a list or site where I could browse some that are currently available ?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Right now, concert dvd's are your best bet. I just bought Rush's Snakes and Arrows BluRay and it sounds fantastic!

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see more Blu-Ray music-only discs, but I'd be happy enough with more Blu-Ray concerts. Like SACD, Blu-Ray music-only discs will be a very niche market - so I'm not expecting much of a push.

Pioneer announced yesterday in the press for CES that it will be demonstrating Blu-Ray as a new hi-rez format for audio. Again, I don't think a lot will come of it.

I think they next step for audio and video will be moving away from these silver discs and moving towards flash-based/solid-state media. Hi-Rez audio will probably still remain niche regardless of the format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks