What's new

Waiting for iMac & Mac Pro refresh (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Anyone else anxious for the updates to the Mac Pro and iMac? I am not expecting anything drastic or ground breaking with the refresh. Thunderbolt would seem to be a given.

Probably the most interesting thing is the possibility of expanded ATI video card support coming. Also, I would assume they will come with 10.7 Lion installed.

-Keith

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm pretty happy with my OctaBox, doubt even ThunderBolt would get me to upgrade at full price cost.

I'd like to put a faster video card in, the Ubergoober post I revived yesterday has some encouraging news on that.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I am.

Of course of everything I had listed in that thread for a wish list, it looks like only #1, #2 and #7 will come true, though I hold out hope for #4 as well.

Just praying they figured out the freezing-under-load problem the new Sandy Bridge MBPs have in time for the supposedly "on-the-boat-already-on-its-way-to-USA" iMac refresh.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Opps...I didn't do a search first. Can you tell? :)

We should probably keep discussion in the earlier thread here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/309262/the-imac-and-mac-pro-anticipation-thread-likely-summer-2011

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks