What's new

Wait until you see Heroes on HD DVD! (1 Viewer)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
As part of the HTF representation at EMA, Kevin Collins of Microsoft was kind enough to show us a few scenes of this highly anticipated release. All I can say it you won't be disappointed. Looked 10x better than I remember seeing it over OTA when the episodes aired. Looked and sounded wonderful. Plus, the special features in U-Control look outstanding.
Looks like a great job by Universal.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...Media_Expo/787

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
I agree... the color saturation in Heroes was vivid and beautiful. I'm very excited about seeing it as I missed it entirely on TV.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Ditto.

Cool meeting you this week at HME, Ben.

Paul

P.S. - And then of course, there's the added bonus of us getting this for a very attractive "price" . . .
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams

Absolutely, Paul... it was a pleasure! We saw you last night as you were hauling some serious ass right in front of the Flamingo at about 6 PM... you were flying!

Bring on Heroes!

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul

LOL. I freakin' hate the way the Strip corrals pedestrian traffic into going over, oh, about 30% more distance than needed to get to your destination! I was hustling to get back to Venetian, pack and jump a cab to McCarran after spending too much time oogling the insane grandeur that is CityCenter at their residential leasing office. Would ya'll believe I made an 8:50 flight after leaving Venetian at about 8:15? Heroes indeed!

I'm really impressed by the magnanimity (or desperation, depending upon your perspective) of Universal/HD DVD Promo to give away this many copies of a $100 title.

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams

The strip can definitely make you feel like you are traveling within a herd of cattle. The slow-walkers who gaze up at the buildings and walk three to four people wide are the ones that really get to me...

Very impressive with your airport performance!

You thinking of moving to Vegas?

I take the gift of Heroes from Universal as being a very nice thing - - a very generous thing! That is an excellent product and they are excited about showing it off!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This is a blind buy as people I know love it. I pre-ordered back in the spring when it was announced. You guys who've screened it make me even more excited! :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

Trust me it wasn't desperation. It took some talking (or groveling depending upon your perspective) :) to make it happen.

That having been said I think they are very proud (and rightfully so) of the title.

ReggieW

Screenwriter

Come on Adam! Of course it's desperation!!!!

Afterall, we're talking about HD-DVD here. You know they can't do anything right/proper without it be labeled "An act of desperation." ;)

As much as I can't wait to see Heroes, I can't wait to see what they do with BSG. I will be at the Comicon next Thursday, so hopfully BSG producer Ron Moore will chime in with some details on the pending HD-DVD release.

ReggieW

Screenwriter

Definitely Ben.

I am just wondering how they will release them. Season 4 doesn't start until Jan 08, so I'm wondering will they release season 1-2 first or just wait to do a season 3 (not yet announced on SD-DVD) release day/date with the standard dvd release ala Heroes and simply release S1 & 2 next year on HD-DVD.

Either way, I'm certain at least season 1 or 3 is arriving on HD-DVD in quarter four, but I think Uni is just going to promote the hell out of Heroes before announcing BSG season sets. I would not be surprised at all if an announcement for BSG did not come until after or around the time Heroes hits the streets.

I am hoping to hear SOMETHING at Comicon next week, as I'm sure that Ron Moore will likely be heavily involved in the production of any BSG HD-DVD's.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Definetly. Heroes and even ST:TOS pale in comparison to how anxiously I am awaiting this title in HD.

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams

Lots of shows get labeled as the best on TV, but BSG actually deserves that level of praise. BSG single-handedly turned my wife into a sci-fi fan, so the sci-fi geek inside of me owes Ronald Moore a deep debt of gratitude for that feat alone! ;) From what I've heard, we should be getting BSG season one initially with the potential for a quick followup of seasons 2 and 3 if the HD DVDs are successful. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Cool! Hadn't heard that yet. Was that something they mentioned at EMA?

And let me add that I couldn't agree more about BSG! It has quickly become a classic IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks