Wait Until Dark 45th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by darkrock17, Mar 29, 2012.

1. darkrock17

darkrock17 Supporting Actor

Andrew McClure
    Does anyone know if WB is planning on releasing this title this year? With this year being the 45th anniversary, I don't see why they want to pass up the oppertunity, seeing that they missed the 40th anniversary back in 2007.

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I would certainly love to have the film on Blu-ray. It's one of the great thrillers of the 1960s.

3. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    Oh, me too. Superb film, and an instant buy.

And this is not a reflection on your post, but I am SICK of film releases seemingly having to be based on anniversaries. The FILM is what matters, not some kind of fake celebration of it.

Does anyone know how it began? What were the first couple of home video "Anniversary" releases back in Beta/VHS/LD days? My guess would be the usual suspects -- Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, maybe Disney? Does it go back farther? Was a film ever shown on TV using its anniversary in the publicity?

4. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    It would make a better October release than THE BAD SEED did last year. Though I am not slamming THE BAD SEED for I enjoy it for all its camp and glory and glad I have the Blu-ray. WAIT UNTIL DARK is a heart stopper in some scenes and an instant buy also.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yep. Other than the fans who want to use the anniversary as a reason why a movie should be released (which is understandable), no one but studios care about anniversaries. No one has ever thought "I wouldn't have bought this last year but since this year's anniversary ends in '5' or '0', I'm getting this disc!"

6. Ratko Mladic

Ratko Mladic Agent

This is job for WB.Speaking of their catalogue - 'The Haunting' (original) on Blu would be GREAT too! :)

7. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    Here is another vote for THE HAUNTING (1963) on Blu-ray also. Robert Wise was able to give us a very scary film by using nothing but atmosphere and great acting. A tool today's filmmakers should learn and use.

8. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Yes, yes to both films, but especially The Haunting. A good b&w film on blu. Yes, yes.

9. darkrock17

Andrew McClure
    The Haunting should be out next year in time for the 50th Anniversary. The Haunting, is a very good movie, I thought when I first saw it how many years back that this was a William Castle film.

10. johnSM

johnSM Second Unit

John
    Ditto The Haunting - that fabulous black & white photography, peerless scary sound mix & atmosphere would just be fantastic in high def!
    Droooool!

11. darkrock17

Andrew McClure
    Saw this the other day on ebay, this would make a nice inculsion for special features.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wait-Until-Dark-LP-Special-Open-End-Interviews-1967-DJ-only-/370600177746?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item56497df052