What's new

Wait Until Dark 45th Anniversary? (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Does anyone know if WB is planning on releasing this title this year? With this year being the 45th anniversary, I don't see why they want to pass up the oppertunity, seeing that they missed the 40th anniversary back in 2007.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh, me too. Superb film, and an instant buy.

And this is not a reflection on your post, but I am SICK of film releases seemingly having to be based on anniversaries. The FILM is what matters, not some kind of fake celebration of it.

Does anyone know how it began? What were the first couple of home video "Anniversary" releases back in Beta/VHS/LD days? My guess would be the usual suspects -- Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, maybe Disney? Does it go back farther? Was a film ever shown on TV using its anniversary in the publicity?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It would make a better October release than THE BAD SEED did last year. Though I am not slamming THE BAD SEED for I enjoy it for all its camp and glory and glad I have the Blu-ray. WAIT UNTIL DARK is a heart stopper in some scenes and an instant buy also.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Chas in CT said:
And this is not a reflection on your post, but I am SICK of film releases seemingly having to be based on anniversaries.  The FILM is what matters, not some kind of fake celebration of it.
Yep. Other than the fans who want to use the anniversary as a reason why a movie should be released (which is understandable), no one but studios care about anniversaries. No one has ever thought "I wouldn't have bought this last year but since this year's anniversary ends in '5' or '0', I'm getting this disc!"

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Ratko Mladic /t/319677/wait-until-dark-45th-anniversary#post_3911822
This is job for WB.Speaking of their catalogue - 'The Haunting' (original) on Blu would be GREAT too!
Here is another vote for THE HAUNTING (1963) on Blu-ray also. Robert Wise was able to give us a very scary film by using nothing but atmosphere and great acting. A tool today's filmmakers should learn and use.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yes, yes to both films, but especially The Haunting. A good b&w film on blu. Yes, yes.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
The Haunting should be out next year in time for the 50th Anniversary. The Haunting, is a very good movie, I thought when I first saw it how many years back that this was a William Castle film.

johnSM

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Ditto The Haunting - that fabulous black & white photography, peerless scary sound mix & atmosphere would just be fantastic in high def!
Droooool!

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Saw this the other day on ebay, this would make a nice inculsion for special features.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wait-Until-Dark-LP-Special-Open-End-Interviews-1967-DJ-only-/370600177746?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item56497df052

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks