What's new

Wagon Train - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Brad,

+1 (thanks).

I want this set but same as Gary, I have to "circle the wagons" and wait for a big price drop before buying this one. I don't want to ask Santa for this since he'd have to make a trip to a local Sam's. That might delay his delivery sch for others . Maybe next Christmas.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Here's some food for thought.

Timeless lists Tales of Wells Fargo on their site for $69.98. Sam's Club priced it at $29.97, and was selling it before the general release date, which made it an unofficial exclusive.

If Timeless was willing to sell Wagon Train S1 directly for $79.98 (which is probably their MSRP), the Sam's Club price should be considerably lower.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Well...according to the release date these should pop up in Sam's Club tomorrow. I would be interested to hear what the price is if any members end up checking it out.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I will be going to Sam's tomorrow. I have been checking for this release the last few weeks. Sometimes Sam's gets them before their release date.

I hope if they do have them that the price will be nice.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Stopped by mine this morning and found nothing. /img/vbsmilies/htf/frown.gif
Guess it's possible I was there too early and they hadn't been unpacked yet, although I looked into the boxes on the floor underneath each section and didn't see any there either.
Gary "seems like sometimes these Timeless releases have hiccups in release dates being correct" O.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Amazon has just dropped their price for the set down to $63.99, but there is a one to three week wait. I don't have any idea what that means. I really want this set. If anyone finds it at Sam's for a reasonable price, and would pick up an extra copy, I would buy it from them, plus shipping and a small profit for going to the trouble.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Gary OS /img/forum/go_quote.gif">
Stopped by mine this morning and found nothing.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
FWIW, I asked one of the managers at the local Sam's when they were getting Wagon Train S1. Her response was they only knew the dates for the major releases of the week. Items like club exclusives just show up in a shipment from the distribution center.

In other words, it'll be there when it's there. (Quite a Zen attitude, if you ask me.)

But it did sound like they were expecting lots of special items for the holidays, so it's just a matter of time.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithb
Bummer, I'm looking forward to this one.
BTW, more $5 off coupon codes for DD listed over in DVDTalk if you are still interested in that Barbara Stanwyck Show and Robin Hood. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif
Brad, you're not going to believe this but I saw the post about the new coupon, probably at the same site you did, and I immediately went to DD and used it to buy the Stanwyck set along with Route 66 S3, V2 (instead of Robin Hood S4, which is a lower priority for me). But again, thanks for thinking of me and posting. I'm sure I miss coupons and such all the time and it's nice to know I have online pals looking to help me out!
Gary "now if only we could see that Wagon Train set show up at Sam's at about $40 (or below)" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Gary OS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Brad, you're not going to believe this but I saw the post about the new coupon, probably at the same site you did, and I immediately went to DD and used it to buy the Stanwyck set along with Route 66 S3, V2 (instead of Robin Hood S4, which is a lower priority for me). But again, thanks for thinking of me and posting. I'm sure I miss coupons and such all the time and it's nice to know I have online pals looking to help me out!

Gary "now if only we could see that Wagon Train set show up at Sam's at about $40 (or below)" O.
I've already spent waaaay too much this and the previous month as it is, so I am resisting the use of any more codes at DD or looking for any more sale items at Amazon. There is only one thing on my must buy list for the remainder of this year and that is Wagon Train Season 1.

Come on...Wagon Train.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithb
I've already spent waaaay too much this and the previous month as it is, so I am resisting the use of any more codes at DD or looking for any more sale items at Amazon.
Like a lemming I went ahead and used the third code to pick up the Robin Hood Season 4 and Three Stooges V. 7 sets. Those were two that I knew I would eventually get and when I looked at my personal bottom line price guide list on my computer I saw that with the coupon I could get those for right at 50% off so I took the plunge. But that will definitely be it for me until Amazon jumps into the fray with some discounts on recent releases.
Gary "I've got a few more 'must buys' before the end of the year, Brad, but not too many more - including WAGON TRAIN, when the price is right" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
There must be a 1-800-GETHELP # for TV/DVD Collectors anonomous to get help from trained professionals They are standing by to help reduce DVD spending. Here I am already adding 4 releases to the sheet for Jan-Mar next year.

I want that Wagon Train set but I'm not a Sam's member so I'll wait until it's available at the main online stores and at deep sale.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis /forum/thread/292000/wagon-train-season-1/30#post_3629370
There must be a 1-800-GETHELP # for TV/DVD Collectors anonomous to get help from trained professionals /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif They are standing by to help reduce DVD spending. Here I am already adding 4 releases to the sheet for Jan-Mar next year.
I want that Wagon Train set but I'm not a Sam's member so I'll wait until it's available at the main online stores and at deep sale.
Jeff,
Didn't you know, there already is such a service and it is guaranteed to work or your money back. Step one is to go into all your favorite vendor accounts (e.g., Amazon, DD, Borders, B&N) and change the shipping address to one that will be provided to you (by me). From then on any purchases you make will be billed to you but go directly to the previously mentioned address. After one or two purchases I am sure you will be able to fight the urge to buy more. But even if not, it's best to stick to the plan until you are successful. It is very important though to fight that desire to change the shipping address back. And know that all duplicates received will be donated to a worthy cause.
As for Wagon Train, if Sam's is anything like Costco they will probably have a 10% added charge for purchases made by non-members. Depending on the price offered I might be willing to go the added expense.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Funny, Brad Devious minds on this forum I might try that sometime....like the year 2020Wagon Train: I think I'll have to wait it out till late next year for that one, unless it gets releasd to the other online stores before April.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
EUREKA! IT'S HERE!! AND I HAVE IT!!!
And (Gary, you're gonna LOVE this), it's only $39.88!!!!
Now the bad news. Inside the tombstone shaped tin, is a cardboard book that stores the DVDs in pockets. Fortunately, I haven't found any scratched discs yet.
And according to an insert, it's a limited edition of 10,000.
OK, now I've checked all the DVDs and only found minor scratching. But I don't plan to keep those discs in that book. The pockets are just way too tight.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
ALRIGHT!!! Now I just have to get it. I'm a Costco member not a Sam's Club member. I know at Costco at least you can order things on line and if you are not a member you pay a $10 surcharge. It's not on the Sam's Club website (no surprise). Does anyone know if Sam's has the same sort of policy at the stores themselves (i.e. walkin and pay surcharge)?

I do wish they could learn about packaging and do it the right way. I just got the new A&E repackaging of Homicide and Dr. Quinn and they are perfect. They contain 35 and 42 disk respectively and use the double cases that hold between 6 and 8 disks a piece. Very nice cover art and packed in a sturdy box (also with artwork) to house the cases. Not one loose disk. Not one imperfection. All disks in perfect shape. When was the last time you heard of 42 disk in a single so called "specialty" contraption that didn't contain damaged disks or hard to remove disks. And a relatively small footprint for staorage.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Brad, I have memberships to both Sam's and Costco, because each carries items that the other doesn't, especially when it comes to DVDs. Sam's Club seems much more invested in TV on DVD, and has things that I've never seen at Costco, such as these Timeless Media releases. Another observation I've made is that the two stores seem to split up the new releases between them.

I'm glad that I have access to both, and do not have to choose one or the other.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
From what I have been able to discover through searches, Sam's will periodically have one-day free passes. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any active right now. But supposedly you can go in and ask for a on-day trial pass where you get charged a 10% upcharge for the use. I figure $44 is still worth my while to buy this set. Hopefully, they still allow this.

Tim, I got several Timeless Media titles at Costco a while back (Guns of Will Sonnett, Branded, Laredo) so they either get them eventually or maybe back then it was not exclusive to Sam's. Obviously, you know what is in both since you have both memberships. Usually what I end up getting at Costco are vintage film sets and every once in a while a TV set. It will be interesting to go into Sam's and see what they have but I doubt I can justify two memberships at this point.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I have no access to Sam's Club as my state does not have one. I only have access to Costco; so unless someone wants to buy one, and resell it to me for a small upcharge, I'll just have to wait until it makes it into normal channels.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Brad, you may be in luck. I just found a flyer in my local paper stating that Sam's is doing a one-day pass event this weekend (Nov 20-22). Something for you to check into.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks