What's new

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA--SEASON 4 VOL.2 (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
There are times when a show is scheduled and it gets pulled, sometimes only months before a release. It does happen - much more than many of you here probably realize. If I mentioned all the titles I know for a fact got pulled by one major studio after originally being on their long term planner you guys would be shocked. I'm talking multiple titles that were scheduled for release in 6 to 12 months and then were suddenly pulled. It does happen
This is a very valid point. The "grid" that studios use is a living document, and it maps out their release schedule for the next 12-18 months. Things can change based on the conditions of elements, production capacity, marketing budgets, product tie-ins, etc. Having said that though, Mr. Finn has never let me down, so if you don't want to celebrate until the box is in hand I understand, but if he says its coming, then its coming.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Gary "this is great news, because VTTBOTS is another holy grail series for me" O.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Trust me when I say that Mr Finn doesn't need permission to speak with us about titles. He is the one giving permission. Having said that he is essentially giving you guys a scoop since you are so passionate about the series. There is an obvious manufacturing lead time so based on my interactions with him he wouldn't have told you if it wasn't in progress. He mentioned the following in another thread (emphasis added by me). I think it speaks for itself:

"The remaining episodes of Voyage...out by the end of the year"! Thank you, Mr. Finn! And thank you Adam for the follow-up information!

Darby

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
What rumors??? I never heard a single one. I was really surprised when Richard first brought that up a few post's back. I give Richard credit for not repeating them.

Joe said everything in his post's I wanted to say so I kept quiet after Mr Finn gave us the Voyage news.

I respect what Gary stated in all his post's.

I have great respect for Mr Finn. I am glad so glad Adam stated what he did today.

Mr Finn gave us Voyage fans wonderful news which he did not have to share. I do not care why Fox waited to give us the news or how many emails phone calls played a part in the process. I am just glad Fox has decided to release the final 13.

I must say Harry for one never gave up hope. Hat's off to Harry!!!

I very much trust Gary who seems to have insider knowledge the rest of us do not. I also respect the fact that he cannot reveal how he obtains his knowledge.

Today we can at least stop the speculation of many fans who may never have posted here. Voyage will be released and what a great Christmas gift that will be to all her fans.

I am also very interested in what else may come about in the honor of 75 years of 20the Century Fox . The Classic Movies from their Film and TV Libraries.

Just think of the Great Fox Treasure's which may come out. I also hope we see some great HD titles in the mix as well.

The great work on the "Robe" words cannot describe.

Thankyou Adam and once again Mr Finn.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Originally Posted by Mark Collins

I must say Harry for one never gave up hope. Hat's off to Harry!!!

Oh, put your hats back on - it's so sunny and bright out there this summer! :)

Keep the thread sailing as we head for the VOYAGE to completion!

Harry

kowalski65

Agent
Real Name
Joe
Cool. Let's "sail on" with a fanciful idea: A genuine remake - NOT reimagining - of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"?

I could just salivate at the idea of a Voyage mini-series remade in the old series image, with 60s production methods and 60s cultural motifs. No politically correct crap, just new episodes of Voyage with monsters, espionage and cold-war saber-rattling.

Richard Basehart, Del Monroe, Paul Trinka and most of the cast may be gone, but actors similar in appearance could be cast. David Hedison could even be cast as a fleet commander, though he's too old to assay his Captain Crane role.

I am thinking of it as "Mad Men" without the alcoholism and adultery, set on the greatest nuclear sub mankind has ever known. It would take courage, but I think it would be HUGE!. . . .Pinch me. I've got to stop dreaming(!!!!). . .Just fer fun, who wants to take a crack at who would be best suited to the roles, if this glorious dream would become reality???

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Maybe they can throw on the movie or the pilot to city beneath the ocean. This would be a great fill up for the tv show.

I am just happy that S4, V1 is coming out. I like this show, but, then again i like adventure,sci-fi, fantasy type shows. TV today just does not wet my pallet and it did when i was a kid.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
FOX can’t give us “City Beneath the Sea”, because (I believe) Irwin Allen produced that at Warner Bros. My pipe dream (water-pipe dream?) would be to have all of the Next Week Previews strung together as one great big “Good Bye Extra”. I don’t think these were done for Season One, but they were part of every episode afterward. These were fast and excitedly narrated snippets of the upcoming episode – like those that were done (and released on DVD) for the Third Season of LOST IN SPACE. Each about 30 seconds in length. There were also interstitials of Richard Basehart (most of the time) and David Hedison (occasionally in the 4th Season) asking us to “…Stay Tuned for Scenes From Our Next Episode!” These would be great to have, but I’ll be pleased just to have the series complete once-and-for-all… from Blackbeard to Benedict Arnold! And, now that I know were going to have it, that’s good enough for me!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Warner already gave us "City Beneath The Sea" in their Archival program. I know some people think movies burned that way don't count but they do with me.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Originally Posted by Joe Tor1 [FONT= 'times new roman']These were fast and excitedly narrated snippets of the upcoming episode – like those that were done (and released on DVD) for the Third Season of LOST IN SPACE. Each about 30 seconds in length. [/FONT]
Did you know that "the announcer" for VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (who did those "next week" promos along with the show titles) is an actor named Ray Didsbury? Not only did he do all of those voice-overs, but he was an extra in the series, showing up in innumerable episodes - and he served as Richard Basehart's stand-in.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Harry-N Did you know that "the announcer" for VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (who did those "next week" promos along with the show titles) is an actor named Ray Didsbury? Not only did he do all of those voice-overs, but he was an extra in the series, showing up in innumerable episodes - and he served as Richard Basehart's stand-in.
Great info, Harry! And, on the show as a crewman, he was even referred to as “Ray”. The crewman with thick black hair called “Ron”, I believe he was named Ron Stein. Another crewman was called “Phil”, and I’d bet that was his real name as well. “Ray” was even killed by the “Creature from the Egg” at the start of “Doomsday Island” – not that it stopped him from returning. “Ron” was also killed by the “manfish/ scaly amphibian” in “The Mermaid”. Same applied to him. Then there was the special case of “Jensen” – killed in “The Mechanical Man” – and killed AGAIN when that stock footage was reused in (the soon to be ours) “Terrible Leprechaun”! He was even referred to as “Jensen” in both! Just more reasons why we love this show!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I recall watching some episode - I forget which - but it's one of the DVD's we have, where Ron Stein was in a scene on the bridge wearing one color jumpsuit and the scene shifted immediately to some below-decks emergency and there he was again - supposedly at the same time - in a different color jumpsuit!

All of that kind of stuff just makes VOYAGE all that much more fun to watch.

Harry

JamesC1

Agent
Real Name
James Caton
It probably was his twin brother.

No Escape from Death or Sealed Orders I think that episode is from.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by JamesC1 No Escape from Death or Sealed Orders I think that episode is from.
“No Escape from Death” sounds right. That one was full of full of stock footage from previous seasons. “Sealed Orders” had the crew disappearing, so it would be less likely to see him once, not to mention twice from different sources. Just going from memory, I’d guess “Ron” was probably seen in his red jumpsuit in the new footage – and (his twin brother? “Don”?) wore the 1st Season sailor togs in footage from “Submarine Sunk Here”. “No Escape from Death” was probably the biggest CHEAT of them all. So much stock footage – AND you didn’t even SEE the collision of Seaview and the enemy sub. …Just a sound effect and the crew thrown about! Almost radio! Gotta love Irwin Allen!

josephebacon

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Bacon
Glad to hear the final 13 are coming out! Oh, if I had a wish come true, I would want to see the entire series done in Blu Ray and please let David Hedison do a commentary track

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Man you guy's are great!! I have been going though the whole series since spring finished this weekend with season 3. I have watched so much of season 4 eps and second volume forget it. I am going to watch those beautiful restored eps when they come out. Not my awful recordings which I will be so happy to get rid of. I have those from my local channel in Chicago and the ones froms sfy. I do have however the rare station ID during the half hour break. They would show that great art work from the end credits but this art work has the flying sub with the seaview in it. I wonder why they did not choose that art for the end credits.

I always thought the robot guy from Lost in Space did the voice over at the start of the show. Same in Time Tunnel and Peyton Place. Thanks for the correction guys. I noticed too about the deaths. I also like the substiution of the crew to evil people in year 1 and start of year 2. I believe Ron was killed at a gas station in The X Factor from season 2. I also saw the footage from episode 1 used twice. X factor was one I cannot remember. X was great for all the footage of Fox studios.

No Escape From Death shocked me! Man I thought the actors must have enjoyed the day off.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Mark Collins I always thought the robot guy from Lost in Space did the voice over at the start of the show. Same in Time Tunnel and Peyton Place. Thanks for the correction guys.
Dick (“Robot Voice”) Tufeld did the narration for “Eleven Days to Zero” – and was the “Big Bad Brain Voice” in “Monster from the Inferno”, and even narrated the next week preview to “The Fossil Men”. That one only. When it was recorded, “Ray” must have been “somewhere between life and death”… or , maybe just on vacation!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks