Vote for your top 5 shows you want FOX to release on DVD!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Scott_J, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

The Wonder Years is gradually joining the ranks of the other shows, now around 38%. [​IMG]

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Not really - it's still at least double everything else, except Nothing Sacred, which its 1.94 times. [​IMG]

Anyhow, it's very refreshing to know that Fox has the DVD rights to Wonder Years. They're a big studio, they support TV on DVD as much as anyone, and I'd count on them to do season sets right, with the original music. They may be expensive, but they'd be worth it.

I just wonder where did Fox having rights to The Wonder Years come from? Nice pleasant surprise. Hope they see the demand is well worth it.

3. Adam T

Adam T Agent

1. Millennium
    2. The Lone Gunmen
    3. John Doe
    4. The Pretender
    5. Harsh Realm

4. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

surprised that Ally McBeal isn't higher on the list.

I'd go with

The Wonder Years
    Ally McBeal
    Picket Fences
    Roswell
    Millennium

5. Robert Ringwald

Here are the current highest...

The Wonder Years 39.6
    Nothing Sacred - 20
    Newhart - 18
    The Lone Gunman - 17
    Roswell - 13.5
    Millennium - 12.5
    Ally McBeal - 11.9 (jumped a bit since I read the low score from before)
    The Simpsons - 10
    Greg The Bunny - 9.74

6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Stunt Coordinator

please place a vote for Millennium if you have any extra votes. thank you. it is my favorite show.

7. Robert Ringwald

Never watched Millennium, voted for those who are fans. I figured...why vote for the simpsons, they're going to release those anyway...

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I just voted for:
    1. The Wonder Years
    2. Millenium (sic)
    3. The Lone Gunmen
    4. The Time Tunnel (where's "Land of the Giants"??)
    5. Newhart
    I would definitely buy the 1st four, and maybe some seasons of "Newhart".

And here's the Top Ten after my vote:
    1. The Wonder Years (33.6)
    2. Roswell (18.1)
    3. Nothing Sacred (17.5)
    4. Millenium (16.5)
    5. Newhart (15.8)
    6. The Lone Gunmen (15.2)
    7. Ally McBeal (13)
    8. The Simpsons (8.98)
    9. Greg The Bunny (8.79)
    10. Titus (7.71)

Big jump for "Roswell" - I expect this news has started to circulate through the online "Roswell" fan community.

I'm glad to see the support for "The Wonder Years". I expect Fox will want to see big numbers for this if they're going to pony up for the music rights (and if they're not, I'm not interested).

If they release "The Lone Gunmen", I wonder if they'll include the unfortunately prescient pilot episode, aired in early 2001, which featured
    an attempt to crash an airliner into the World Trade Center.

Lots of David Kelley shows on there. Although I've watched & enjoyed almost all of them in their original runs, something about his stuff just doesn't make them very re-watchable to me. Looks like most folks agree, other than "Ally" (which would be the only Kelley show I would consider buying).

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Wow, you guys are already onto this poll! And here I was finally getting a few minutes to fill you all in. [​IMG]

Well, I voted for 1) Wonder Years, 2) Ally McBeal, 3) Titus, 4) Boston Public, and 5) Remington Steele.

There are others on that list I'd want, some perhaps more depending on the mood I'm in. But the mood I'm in right now, those choices suit me. And some of them are strategic (after all, when will I get another chance to really push Titus, which I super-enjoyed?).

I see I wasn't the only one who had a "zero" stay that way after I voted. And what's up with the numbers not adding up? I am really wondering what the system is that Fox (or their agency) is using to determine rankings. Probably grading on a curve, so that a "Choice #3" vote for a show doesn't count as much as a "Choice #1" vote for the same show.

As I mentioned in my TVShowsOnDVD article, I'm surprised by some of the items put on that list. I'm also surprised in many ways by what was left off. Not even a chance for St. Elsewhere or Hill Street Blues, among others? Ah well...next survey perhaps. [​IMG]

10. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

It's weird that everyone's saying that it's at zero. When I voted it showed me the actual results that were probably updated from whatever they were because it showed me exact numbers. I don't know how they're grading it either.

11. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Stunt Coordinator

It's encouraging that The Wonder Years is doing so well in the polls (it was my number 2 pick)....and since I feel it had much more in the way of soundtrack oldies during its run than WKRP In Cincinatti ever did, it gives me hope that the latter series may one day surface....

Jeffrey

12. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Well I voted for Wonder Years, I have fond memories of that show. Also voted for Roswel, even so I never seen it before. Some other votes for Chicago Hope (mom used to watch it before it died), Time Tunnel, and the Pratice.

13. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

C'mon people show the love for Picket Fences. The first 2 years of PF was the best tv had to offer at the time. I of course liked all 4 years. I have had my vote in for this @ tvshowsondvd.com for awhile now. To see it so low on the vote tally is very dissapointing to say the least.

I voted:
    #1 Picket Fences
    #2 Millenium
    #3 The Wonder Years
    #4 Ally Mcbeal
    #5 Boston Public (i guess 4 years of Fyvush Finkel wasn't enough for me on Picket Fences. i don't really watch much of this show but the character Harvey Lipschultz is very enjoyable to watch)

14. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

15. Scott Hamilton

Scott Hamilton Stunt Coordinator

Hill Street Blues is a dream release guess I will just have to keep watching CourtTV.

16. Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger Second Unit

I had to put in votes for all of the Ten Thirteen series. Sadly, Millennium is not spelled correctly (yes, I know the single "n" version is used in other contexts, but it is wrong here). The timing of this poll is a bit weird for this series. Reports just popped up in recent days that Millennium DVDs may be held up partially due to music clearance issues as well.

http://members.aol.com/Rings13/Abyss.html

It is nice to see that they are at least considering DVD sets for more of their cult favorite bastard children (Harsh Realm, Lone Gunmen, Greg The Bunny). I guess that the presale figures for the Firefly DVD set made an impact.

17. Marc_Savoie

Marc_Savoie Stunt Coordinator

My votes:
    01. Greg the Bunny
    02. The Simpsons (as a safety net)
    03. The Wonder Years
    04. Millenium
    05. The Tracy Ulman Show

Unfortunately my 2 most desired FOX TV shows aren't listed as options:
    Undeclared
    and
    Andy Richter Controls the Universe
    [​IMG]

18. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

The Puzzling thing to me is a lot of the shows listed in the fox poll did not even air on FOX. A couple of examples picket fences (CBS) Wonder Years (ABC) am i to assume they own the rights now or something ?

19. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

20. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer