Voom HDTV (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
I was able to resolve my problem...
The Motorola box was set to "native."
I switched it to 1080i and the problem resolved :emoji_thumbsup:

Reese_B

Auditioning
After standing me up last Thursday, Voom showed Friday & installed the system. Tech's were efficient & knowledgeable & professional.

Voom Picture is Terrific! Even the SD pix is clearer, better than Dish. I like the programming too. Many of their channels are ones I will actually watch. I'm very happy with their product.

I think Voom has come closer to hitting the HD programming "sweet spot" than anyone thusfar.

I can only hope that they can generate enough cash flow to stay afloat until the thing catches on. I think they will be a big success if they just dump Sears & get a retailer who know how to explain/market their product.

Just my dos centovos....

Reese_B

Auditioning
After standing me up last Thursday, Voom showed Friday & installed the system. Tech's were efficient & knowledgeable & professional.

Voom Picture is Terrific! Even the SD pix is clearer, better than Dish. I like the programming too. Many of their channels are ones I will actually watch. I'm very happy with their product.

I think Voom has come closer to hitting the HD programming "sweet spot" than anyone thusfar.

I can only hope that they can generate enough cash flow to stay afloat until the thing catches on. I think they will be a big success if they just dump Sears & get a retailer who know how to explain/market their product.

Just my dos centovos....

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm intrigued. couple of questions.

1. it sounds like most people are not having difficulties pulling local ota hd content? how does that work? do you just tell the receiver to somehow switch which antenna input it's using?

2. i get that voom is broadcasting in hd, but how does that work for movies and programming material that wasn't *originally* filmed in hd? is voom doing some kind of upconversion of the source material?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm intrigued. couple of questions.

1. it sounds like most people are not having difficulties pulling local ota hd content? how does that work? do you just tell the receiver to somehow switch which antenna input it's using?

2. i get that voom is broadcasting in hd, but how does that work for movies and programming material that wasn't *originally* filmed in hd? is voom doing some kind of upconversion of the source material?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Voom is incredible, the picture is just great. I had no problems during install and the guys were quick and curteous..my OTA channels mapped just fine and I don't know if I can go back to another provider after this.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Voom is incredible, the picture is just great. I had no problems during install and the guys were quick and curteous..my OTA channels mapped just fine and I don't know if I can go back to another provider after this.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
It would be nice if they offered some spanish channels. That's what kills it for me....and the cost of a box rental in 6 rooms...:frowning:

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
It would be nice if they offered some spanish channels. That's what kills it for me....and the cost of a box rental in 6 rooms...:frowning:

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Definitely a :emoji_thumbsup: for me. The VOOM exclusive channels are ok at best with the exception of Monsters-HD but the quality of the other cable offerings is really good. If you can live without HGTV, SCI-FI, USA and WGN for the time being then you may want to pull the trigger on VOOM.

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
I am on the verge or ordering their services but I want to know how many non-HD Channels I would be losing if I switch from Directv? The TWC guy said that VOOM had problems with their converters but he said that only after he asked if VOOM was a new company... Any input is greatly apprecaited. Oh, how long does it take to recieve the boxes in the mail?

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
It kind of bites because I bought that receiver from conn's. It's a Mitsu, I even bought the dish so I guess I am stuck until I find someone who is willing to purchase it. I may keep it in case I go back to DTV.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i don't think anyone answered this question, but it's almost a deal-breaker for me.

i get that voom is broadcasting in hd, but how does that work for movies and programming material that wasn't *originally* filmed in hd? is voom doing some kind of upconversion of the source material?

i'm very curious as to how this works/appears. it seems to me that if the source material wasn't *originally* filmed in hd, then i wouldn't be seeing that great of a picture when it's simply *broadcast* in hd???

i've seen the movies broadcast from directv hd, and they just don't look all that great to me. i assume voom has the same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks