What's new

Voltron TV series - Will it ever be released in R1? (1 Viewer)

lin187

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick Jones
A question for anyone who bought Voltron vol. 2 from Amazon, did you get the yellow lion collectible tin? Amazon seems to be the cheapest place to pick up the set but don't want to buy it if I don't get the tin.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Mine hasn't arrived yet, I will notify you when it does!
or some1 else does in the meantime. - im sure it is the TIN version

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
It appears that the release date was pushed back another week (to 12/19) for Best Buy B&M locations; I'm hoping that they receive the tin edition. For those interested, they'll be open at 8:00am next Tuesday.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
It was, but none of the B&M locations I visited had them in stock. When I asked a CSR for an inventory check, the system showed 12/19 as their release date. I'll know for sure come Tuesday morning.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Just a followup: stopped in at Best Buy this morning and I found roughly 6 copies of Vol. 2, all tins; bought one (price was $24.99).

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
edit: wrong thread, but I can't wait to pick up the second volume, though I still have three episodes or so on the first set to watch.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
It's recently been revealed that the "Fleet of Doom" special is set to be released by Media Blasters on DVD sometime during the first half of 2007, exclusively through the Voltron.com website. (You can read more about it at the site, under the "Know" news-header on the front page.)

They're working on special features to be included. Guess they figured they could make more $$$ offering it as a totally separate release, rather than including it in one of the main series sets, but still, this is one I'm definitely looking forward to -- it boasts some pretty hardcore moments even by Voltron standards.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
What is the "Fleep of doom" exactly? A part in the Voltron history that doesnt mind to be separated?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The "Fleet of Doom" movie was the final animé Voltron story produced by World Events and Toei during the 1980s -- in it, Zarkon's expeditionary forces discover a major military/energy-production base of the Galaxy Alliance on the border of the Near and Far Universes, and both Zarkon and the Drule Empire combine forces to lay siege to and annihilate it.

Cue both Voltrons (Vehicle and Lion), who have to head to this battlezone quick and deal with both combined armadas before the Galaxy Alliance totally collapses. Pretty damn cool special, which offers near feature-quality animation in many places, probably the best of the entire series. Orignially, I was thinking this would be included in the final "Black Lion" set prior to the first Vehicle Voltron one, due to the low episode-count and other factors, but as long as it's released, I don't really care in what particular configuration.

Chronologically, it's set very late in the LV series, and at some point following Captain Newley's departure from the Explorer in the VV run (around episode #17).

(Also, you can download the opening sequence here...right-click to download and open in .ZIP, Windows Media format.)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

Amazon has no date listed for Volume 3 even though it is up for pre-order. Where did you find Voltron listed?

Paul

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, places like DVD Planet, Deep Discount DVD, and Amazon offer it for something like 4-5 bucks less than the official site (preordered mine through the first outlet).

Looking forward to this next one. Though I'm wondering when they're gonna announce a release-date on the Fleet of Doom DVD (website says "First Quarter '07," but no way in hell they're gonna make that one).

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
Oh, so people like me outside of the USA won't be able to buy "Fleet of Doom" then.

Boy, do I hate these dumb "exclusives", they nearly always mean that international buyers lose out.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Nah I am sure there will be a way for us to buy it eventually.
Maybe it will be exclusive only for a period of time. If not I'll buy it off ebay.

I wonder what is keeping TVShowsOnDVD from announcing this..
there may be a reason since I already emailed them when I saw the announcement.

edit: Richard I went to the store and tried to checkout another item and it has the following option:

International Customers Shipping outside of the US? Click below.

so I guess they ARE shipping internationally in general.. havent tried it yet though

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks