What's new

Voltron DVD Box Set? (1 Viewer)

Bruce_S

Second Unit
One of my favorite cartoon back in the days with the 5 lions. I don't like the new cgi version that much.

Is Voltron available on dvd yet?

thanks in advance,

bruce

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
If it was I would own it. If it eventually does come I hope it comes with the original Japanese soundtracks as I'd be interested to hear them. man what a great show this was, along with Bravestarr this was the best cartoon on tv.

activate interlocks
dynatherms connected
intracells up
Megathrusters are go!
Let's go Voltron Force!

ahh when I was six. :)

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
And I'll form the head.

This is extrememly wacky thinking, but....

...how neat would it be if the cases for the DVD set somehow locked together to form Voltron? :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Trimark owns the rights. About 2-3 years ago they did a poll on how we'd like the DVDs, when like 70% of respondants cited "No OSL, No Sale!" I guess they scrapped the idea since I'm betting they don't own Go-Lion

The rights to "Vehicle Voltron" (Dairugger 15 I think) lapsed a long time ago

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Well, the original japanese track wouldn't do much good. The footage itself, not just audio, was heavily edited because of violence, adult situations, etc. Because of this, the actual length of the shows are different. The dialogue tracks would not match up. So I think we would need separate DVD releases altogether: the japanese version (Go-lion) and the american version (Voltron). Or, they could do something like on one side have the japanese versions, then on the other side the american versions.

I love how the DVDs for Battle of the Planets/G-Force were done.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sigh. I want Voltron on DVD in the worst way.

In fact, I had a dream about Voltron on DVD once. It looked sorta like this:

I don't give a rats ass about OSL on Voltron. I want the show the way it was broadcast in America while I grew up. Same as Speed Racer and Power Rangers.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I have the whole series of Voltus V on VCD, I got it off ebay once off somebody...

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I would love to own Voltron on DVD (complete series only). I always held Voltron in much higher regard then Transformers.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Check out this articlehttp://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature.php?id=76

In Japan, TV series are made with a set number of episodes in mind, while the duration of American programming depends upon its popularity. Due to Voltron's high ratings, World Events Productions expanded on the original fifty-two Golion episodes by producing twenty more. They bought the rights to Golion from Toei, wrote twenty scripts and had a Korean company animate them. The episodes (called the "Second Season" of Voltron) were aired from 1986 - 1987.
So for that second series of episodes, I guess English is the original language.

I would like to see both in their OSL: the Japanese episodes in Japanese, and the American ones in English.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Voltron I saw in a b&m is.... ??? I admit I did not really pay particular attention to the contents. maybe it was just a single episode or a movie adaptation of the series. Was there one?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There's a crappy CG series that was released on DVD. It lasted about 1 season in syndication, never watched it personally

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks