What's new

Vizio VP322 32" Plasma stand screws (1 Viewer)

ryan-w

Agent
Does anyone know what size the screws for the stand on the Vizio VP322 TV are?? I had this TV hung for years and now want to move it to a room where it'll be on a desk so I need to use the stand....I have the stand but no screws. Anyone have any idea what size they are, I can't find this info anywhere??

Thanks in advance.

ryan-w

Agent
In the manual, it just states the length of the screws where the mount would go, it doesn't give the sizes for the screws for the stand....Any idea??

Page 6 of the manual says:
Unplug all of the cables and cords
from your VIZIO VP322 Plasma
HDTV10A.
2. Place the VP322 PLASMA face down
on a soft and flat surface (blanket,
foam, cloth, etc) to prevent any
damage to the TV.
3. Remove the four (4) screws holding
the base to the VP322 PLASMA.
4. Carefully remove the stand base.

Now, the VP322 Plasma HDTV10A can fit
securely to a mount (sold separately) by
utilizing the mounting holes in the center of
the back panel of the High Definition TV.
Please make sure to read the instructions of
your specific mount to properly hang the
VP322 Plasma HDTV10A.
The pitch of the mounting holes is 400mm
horizontally and 200mm vertically.
The screw type required is metric M6, 20mm
long, 1.0mm pitch. The length of the screws
will depend on the thickness plate being
attach to the TV; our brackets come with
different length screws.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Sorry, I misread your post and thought you needed screws for the mount, not the stand.

I think your best bet will be to go to a hardware store and pick up a few at a time until you find one that fits. Chances are, if the mount screws are metric, that the stand screws will be, too. The mount takes M6 screws. The "6" indicating the diameter (I'm pretty sure all "M6" screws have a pitch of 1mm).

Hopefully, you can judge if the stand screw should be thicker or thinner, then pick up an M5, M7, etc. Should only be a few cents each. Get them plenty long enough. Hopefully the process won't take too many iterations...

Wish I had a better option, but I can't even find a detailed parts list for that stand (part #3832-0022-0304R).

ryan-w

Agent
No problem, I appreciate the help. That's the part # I keep seeing as well and it's for the stand with the screws, nothing to find just the screws. My only real concern is the depth, wouldn't want to take out the board behind there...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If the stand itself has the screw ins, take it with you. My local Do It Best has a "figure it out" screw and bolt set up. As do most actual hardware stores.Note, hardware stores, not home improvement, will have them.

ryan-w

Agent
We have an ACE Hardware by me, I'll bring it there and see what I can find out. Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks