What's new

VIVA Eco-Box (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
The Silence of the Lambs really comes in one of these things? It looks really horrible to me. In my experience, large "cutout" areas of DVD cases tend to create deformities in the inserts.

If a DVD or Blu-ray I purchased was packaged in such a case, I would quickly replace it with a regular case. And just for good measure, I'd throw the "eco-box" in the trash.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
To put it politely, I think it sucks. I don't want unnecessary holes in my DVD boxes.

I'm getting tired of dumb environment-related ideas like this which accomplish nothing. I'd rank this up there with the Sheryl Crow "one sheet of toilet paper" rule.

Here's a clue for people who come up with ideas like this: DVD cases are meant to be kept, not thrown away, so designs like this do not accomplish much. I'm all for cutting down on unneeded packaging that just gets thrown away (like the old CD cardboard longbox), but stuff like this just ticks me off.

If I do get rid of a DVD, I'll sell it or give it away with the case, not throw away the case.

Enough people will discard these in favor of normal boxes that any materials that might have been saved will be more than offset.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Looks Fox/MGM are using these cases for the time being...The Robe on BD also uses it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just got one today with the Stargate SG-1 movies double feature. I thought I had a floater, but it was just the gatefold rattling around. The recycle design does kind of make the cover sink in at places, but it isn't enough for me to replace it.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
If I get any of these, I'm tossing them in the recycle bin and replacing it with a proper case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks