What's new

Videogames on High def sets (1 Viewer)

Jeff-K

Auditioning
I have a sega dreamcast that I use often and that has a VGA output 15 pin(like a monitor cable on acomputer), I look forward to using this on an hdtv. I know of only RCA with a VGA input but I know that rca make a vga to component converter, has anyone used the vga box with an hdtv. What sets will display it? How do the games play on 16:9 in one of the stretch modes?

Travis D

Second Unit
A few games actualy support 16X9, but the only ones I know of are Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on N64.

Corey Mills

Auditioning
Pioneer HDTV sets have a VGA and 2 full resolution component inputs. I happen to play my dreamcast as well as my PC through the VGA input at our shop and through a a VGA to BNC to RCA adapter at home through a component input. The resolution is unbeatable, and with the Gamecube and Xbox coming out supporting progressive resolutions, the future looks even clearer. Gamecube will support 480p and Xbox is said to support full HDTV resolution. I can't wait.
Oh and also some dreamcast games also support 16x9. One off the top of my head is Wacky Racers.
Corey

Roger W

Auditioning
The XBOX is the only console so far that offers true HDTV output (not just 480p), using a PC chip from Conexant, a company which collaborates with Nvidia on PC-TV solutions.
What I want to know is will they put out a GeForce card with HDTV-output for big screen PC gaming. I currently use S-video from my computer to HDTV, but it's limited to 480i.
The same HDTV-out chip that XBOX contains is popping up on some of the new GeForce3 cards but the specs don't ever explain it. I've even emailed card makers to no avail. I just want to know!! (and then upgrade)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks