What's new

Video Status Botton? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
I have this botton on my remote, the standard setting is bright, while dynamic gets alittle darker and Theater is more of a dull color.

which is good to use for reg cable or is it a personal preference?

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I don't really care for the real bright picture myself. I think it distorts the colors a little bit. I prefer the darker myself. It's really just a preference thing.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
well if i set it to theater, you have to turn the Brightness up to about 90% to see a decent picture.

isnt that bad?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I have this botton on my remote, the standard setting is bright, while dynamic gets alittle darker and Theater is more of a dull color.
Are you talking about your TV's remote? Questions like this can't be answered unless you identify the equipment (including make and model). Settings like these are not standardized; they're peculiar to a particular manufacturer or line.

M.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
bottom line: it's personal preference.

these "modes" typically refer to different color temperatures. the standard is 6500K (kelvin?). when most people calibrate their tv's...that is the magic number they're using as the standard.

i feel the trick is to figure out which one of those modes is closest to 6500k, then adjust from there.

one thing to consider. most people are used to an excessively bright picture. this causes a lot of color and detail to be "washed out". my girlfriend used to complain all the time that my tv is too dark - now she doesn't even realize it.

if possible, pick up a calibration dvd. it will help you get your tv as close as possible to a professional standard. from there, you can fine-tune as you feel necessary.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
i did pick up a calibration dvd, but when i was setting the brightness , i had to have it up to like 90% to just see the black bars it was using for calibratiing it.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
that doesn't sound right jeremy...but i'm not sure. i can't imagine you have to crank your brightness that high.

i would probably choose whatever mode allows you to have the lowest brightness setting and still fall within calibration.

but again...it's really personal preference. the only thing to consider is (generally) the brigher the picture, the more wear-and-tear you're going to do to the tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks