What's new

Video-Game Characters Denounce Randomly Placed Swinging Blades (1 Viewer)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
If you read The Onion then you've probably already read this article, but I was just reading the website and felt like passing it along :)
WASHINGTON, DC—A coalition of video-game characters representing the nation's leading systems appeared before Congress Monday to decry "the pointless, deadly presence" of spinning blades in video-game landscapes.
"We are here to demand an end to the shockingly casual placement of dangerous blades in our places of work," said Tomb Raider star Lara Croft, who estimates that she has lost more than 600,000 lives to spinning, falling, swinging, and suddenly appearing blades this year alone. "This kind of thing has been going on since the days of Pitfall Harry, and it has got to stop."
Croft, flanked by Metal Gear's Solid Snake, Super Mario 64's Mario, and both soldiers from Contra, called upon Congress to revise OSHA laws to extend protection to the digitally rendered.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading this article in an issue of EGM a while ago. Every once in a while they put articles from The Onion in their mag.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I like the one with Snake from MGS contemplating the meaning of life as he gets killed again and again.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
While we're at it, here's the website for Hsu and Chan, the comic that appears in EGM each month. I suggest checking out Pocket Morons Platinum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks